Corrupted sequence?

Posted by Paul C 
Corrupted sequence?
December 06, 2006 09:20PM
I have a standard DV project with many sequences. Many clips are used in more than one sequence. All the sequences play fine in the timeline, except for one. In some spots, I get just black while the audio is fine. In other spots, I get entirely different clips showing up on the external monitor than are actually in the timeline.

If I double click on one of the troubled clips, it plays fine in the Viewer, but won't show up in the Canvas.

When I let the timeline play through these trouble spots, FCP crashes. I've never seen this before.

It seems like some kind of issue with the links between master and affiiliates but I don't know for sure. Some of these clips are all jumbled up.

I tried to export entire sequence as a self-contained movie and I get error, no can do.

All the master clips are on one internal video drive.

Any ideas what's going on here? Is this a "trash the preferences" scenario? I've never had to do that before.

thanks,

Paul C.
Re: Corrupted sequence?
December 06, 2006 09:27PM
I just discovered if I "reconnect the media" with the wonky clips, it seems to fix things.
Re: Corrupted sequence?
December 07, 2006 12:46AM
It could also be corrupt render files.

When you disconnect media and reconnect, you flush the relationship between the FCP clip and the actual media files. It is a good troubleshooting test. If the problem persists, try copying everything in your project to a brand-new project file with identical settings.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics