capture problem

Posted by Barbara Schulman 
capture problem
March 29, 2006 10:03AM
I am trying to load vhs onto my FCP 5.0. I have followed everyones preset suggestions but the mac won't read my canon ZR camera (it has before). And the camera is connecting and reading the video from my VCR. It will read my Sony DV camera but the Sony is not reading my VCR. HELP! SPOD is killing me and it only goes away when i pull the firewire cord out of the camera
Re: capture problem
March 29, 2006 10:04AM
should i purchase a DAC 100 to convert my analog to digital instead of using my video camera?
March 29, 2006 12:01PM
Have you tried setting your device control to "non-controllable device" and using Capture Now? As long as your camera is passing through the video from the VCR, you should be able to see it in FCP this way.
March 29, 2006 12:28PM
Did you set the input of the Sony DV camera to Line In?

If the Canon can get the signal from the VHS deck, then you can always just dub VHS-DV tape and then capture into FCP.
March 29, 2006 05:18PM
thank you for your responses. There doesnt seem to be a setting on the canon (aside from the AV - DV ON) that is allowing me to record from the vcr. I also set the setting to non-controllable and tried capture now...any combination of putting the camera on or off before hitting log and capture didn't work either.
I ordered the DAC that converts the av to dv. i am stumped...it has worked before. Any other suggestions i will try.
March 29, 2006 05:29PM
Barb,
You can pass through on the ZR if you press the "Rec Pause/Line In" button located in the LCD flipout compartment. Probably better to do a dub though.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
NM
March 29, 2006 05:29PM

Post Edited (03-29-06 15:30)

Click here to login

Google