Live Production Capture

Posted by tdirkc 
Live Production Capture
March 30, 2006 04:25PM
I have a need to capture the switched feed from a multi-camera control room live and stamp the media captured with the LTC from the control room's time code generator so the ISO tapes can be easily referenced if necessary. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!!!
Re: Live Production Capture
March 30, 2006 06:49PM
If the feed you're ingesting is not too long (under 1 hour), all you need to do if feed the NTSC signal into a converter box (canopus) or a DV deck (DSR-45) and digitize it as an "uncontrolled" source. If by "stamping" the timecode, you mean creating a window burn, then just take your LTC feed and put it into a TC window generator (Horita). THis is will create a window burn in your signal. If you want to digitize with the timecode matching the feed, you're going to go through a few more hoops.

I would suggest that you get someone who understands this process to set it up for you. Otherwise, you're going to have a very painful experience trying to "eye match" all of your cuts.

Good luck.

Mark
March 30, 2006 07:25PM
Hi

Thanks for responding. I don't need a window burn. I need the time code of the captured clip to match the time code on the ISO camera tapes. So what are the extra hoops that must be jumped through. Thanks again!!
March 30, 2006 09:51PM
you're going to need to patch the timecode into the digitizing stream.

If you have a beta deck or a higher level DV deck (like a DSR 1500) you can send the video into the deck, the timecode into the deck and then it will pass through to FCP. If you don't have this kind of deck, then you need a little black box that will send the longitudinal timecode down the RS-422 input of an AJA box or Blackmagic Card.

Good luck.

Mark
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics