how fcp 5.1 should have been offer ....

Posted by edbeta 
how fcp 5.1 should have been offer ....
April 01, 2006 12:56AM
to place your order you have to enter your original fcp studio number.
when you receive your crossgrade you must type old serial number + the new
serial number to install to be done... no need to send back discs ......

if i remember at one time this have been done for a dvd studio pro upgrade ....
Anonymous User
Re: how fcp 5.1 should have been offer ....
April 01, 2006 01:36AM
OK, then what is to prevent 400,000 people from putting their old discs up for sale on ebay to anyone who don't care about 5.1?

April 01, 2006 10:26AM
PowerPC mac are going to be phase out .....
soon when you will buy any mac it will be a powermac on intel ....
new project will be on fcp 5.1 or fcp 6 both universal binary ....
fcp 5.0 will not open probably these project made on fcp 5.1 or 6 .....
at best 5.0 would be a test for non real pro using fcp.

if i may , it is like wanting to protect a betamax (in the past) , it will self extinc
pretty soon .... no need to take the effort ?.

apple will slowly pull the plug on powerpc base mac.

i may be wrong but i would see it as a promo for fcp to try and if you want it well... you buy a version (universal) + a mac on intel ......

but i understand your point of view.
April 01, 2006 11:07AM
Michael Horton wrote:

> OK, then what is to prevent 400,000 people from putting their
> old discs up for sale on ebay to anyone who don't care about
> 5.1?
>

1) That's why a direct disk swap at an Apple store would have been a good, secure, convenient thing to to do.

2) The other method could be you pay $49 for disks by mail with credit card deposit on full FCS. AFTER you get the discs you send back your originals or you're charged for a full FCS order.

I mentioned before how unreliable delivery is at my address. Yesterday we found out a shipment to us via UPS never arrived. Never got a delivery notice, is being sent back to shipper. After talking to company who shipped to us, they had correct address. UPS screwed up. We've been set back a couple of weeks. This happens to us often. In just the last month several of my clients have experienced the same thing (local within the city) when I've sent them dubs.

I'd gladly pay for the order, have it delivered to an Apple store and swap my disks when they arrive there.

I can't risk sending master program disks with the pattern of bad deliveries here.

Craig Seeman
[thirdplanetvideo.com]
> I can't risk sending master program disks with the pattern of bad deliveries here.

That stinks you can't rely on your deliveries. But you can back up your install discs as a hedge against disaster.
April 02, 2006 06:20PM
I may have to go that route. I'm not sure how the discs can be copied given the protection (if any). I'm wondering if I can just make image files to a firewire drive. Have you backed up you disks and what method?

Even that won't help if 5.1 fails to show up and Apple asks me to "prove" they didn't arrive. We've had 3 such shipping issues this month! This includes both 1st class mail (USPS) and UPS.

Wes Plate wrote:

> > I can't risk sending master program disks with the pattern of
> bad deliveries here.
>
> That stinks you can't rely on your deliveries. But you can
> back up your install discs as a hedge against disaster.

Craig Seeman
[thirdplanetvideo.com]
Anonymous User
April 02, 2006 06:46PM
Send it with a signature required. Once someone at Apple signs for it, it IS their problem. If you have proof of signature, that's all you need.

The post office does that for a "small fee".

[www.usps.com]

To backup you use Disk Utility. Here's how I explained it on the Apple discussion board...
[discussions.apple.com]

To install from the backup...
[discussions.apple.com]

You could also just buy a new full license of Final Cut Studio. Then you don't have to worry about your deliveries.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics