scratch disks

Posted by adamkat 
scratch disks
March 21, 2007 10:07PM
well, i used to use this forum when i was first learning fcp but haven't been back in years...but i remember it was filled with the most helpful folks around, so here i am again!

my school just set up a media center and they put fcp on some of the macs. one class uses them and they have their own hard drives that they use.

i tried to login to use their computer with my own hard drive but after opening fcp either from the dock or from an existing account i get a message that says:

to preserve the integrity of the data used by fcp, it is neccessary to ensure the existence of the following path(s):
"My Book/New Lands Present/fcpmedia" is missing.

if i choose "reset scratch disks" it brings me to the scratch disks page.
i reset all the scratch disks to my hard drive and disable the scratch disks from the missing
hard drive

then my options are "cancel" and "ok"
both of these options bring me right back to the original message saying

"to preserve the integrity of the data used by fcp, it is neccessary to ensure the existence of the following path(s): "My Book/New Lands Present/fcpmedia" is missing.

the people in charge of this media center are learning fcp too, so none of us know what to do? any ideas? thanks so much.

adam
Re: scratch disks
March 21, 2007 10:10PM
Did you go through the entire list of Scratch Disks being used? Just resetting the first one won't do -- you may have to disable several others down the list.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics