Digital Juice

Posted by Darren 
Digital Juice
April 06, 2006 02:32AM
Has anyone used the products at Digital Juice for their projects? And how would you rate them if you did?

[www.digitaljuice.com]
Re: Digital Juice
April 06, 2006 09:01AM
Occasionally (rarely) because these items are VERY identifiable. They are great in a pinch if you don't have time to create a composition and get something to FedEx by deadline (and it's not airing). I personally will only use them to enhance a composition, but they will be buried in FX so as not to be recognized. The worst thing to hear is someone watching a piece and saying "...oh God...JUMPBACKS".

My 2¢

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

April 06, 2006 10:42AM
i bought a big bundle of their stuff a few months back to serve as joey says - in a pinch.

as far as stock imagery goes, they are some of the best in the business. if you buy their "editors toolkits", everything is all seperated so you can use just certain parts of the compositions thus making the end result less identifiable. those are more expensive than the simple loop collections, but IMO very well worth it.

i also bought a handful of their stacktraxx audio collections - which are also presented in seperate instruments in various durations, so again, if you want to modify them, you have many ways to mix and match.

again, as joey says. i wouldnt want to use them every day as they are VERY identifiable. but where time dictates they are very handy and just may save your butt.
April 06, 2006 06:18PM
i disagree -

there is a wealth of usable material in Jumpbacks and editors tool kits that you can composite and make your own....using them raw without any composition will of course look like everyone else who used them before (just look at NBC Nightly News and Daily Show - they use that library extensively) Sometimes very recognizable...sometimes very artistically blended into other ms Just watch "this week in God" on Daily show - it's all jumpbacks from the Candles to the church graphics...yet they give it a Daily Show look with good compositing and titles.... Andy
April 06, 2006 08:45PM
It's meant to look cheesy on the daily show. It's a comedy. That's why they use untouched jumpbacks...overembelished cheese.

April 06, 2006 08:51PM
But if you actually know how to exploit graphics fodder, you can use the Editor's Toolkits to your advantage. Things I think are cool: Motion travel mattes, and photo objects with alphas pre-cut.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
April 06, 2006 09:14PM
Exactly, Kevin smiling smiley

April 07, 2006 01:37AM
Check out www.digitaljews.com They have SD and HD moving backrounds at the fraction of the cost

April 07, 2006 01:49PM
digitaljews? Do they have long beards and yalmukes? Think you mean www.digitaljuice.com!
April 07, 2006 01:53PM
no, he doesnt. look it up. for whatever reason digitaljews.com is indeed a dealer of video backgrounds etc...

their stuff is kinda weird though... cheap - and rightfully so...
April 07, 2006 02:02PM
Oy! Those Digitaljews! What a mishuganah name for a web site!
April 08, 2006 01:10PM
I love [www.digitaljews.com] ... smiling smiley)

This is so funny ... LOL

I just bought all their collections .. you can not beat their prices.
April 08, 2006 10:11PM
Must be run by the same guys who own B&H Photo Video.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics