Hopelessly lost in DVCProHD capture

Posted by harry323 
Hopelessly lost in DVCProHD capture
April 09, 2006 04:52PM
I'm attempting to capture 24f material from a Canon XLH1 SDI port through a Blackmagic HD Pro card into FCP 5.

I am using the sequence preset DVCPro HD - 1080i60.

I am using the Capture preset DVCPro HD 1080i60 48kHz.

My video playback is set for Blackmagic HDTV 1080p 23.976 -> 29.97 output - 10 bit (1920x1080).

I am capturing sound through the internal Mac port.

My huge problem is that the picture doesn't capture and, although the sound does capture I can only hear it on playback, and even then it needs rendering.

I feel that I'm pretty close on this one, but can someone help me get my settings right?

Best

Harry.

PS: I know it's bad form to post on more than one site, but I'm drowing here. Please throw me a rope.

H.

Harry Bromley-Davenport.
Re: Hopelessly lost in DVCProHD capture
April 09, 2006 05:29PM
im not sure that the xlh1 exports in that codec??? i always thought that the SDI prot of that camera was exporting true HD???
April 09, 2006 05:31PM
Try going into the blackmagic card settings maybe and check those. The video might not be set to capture component. I normally use 8-bit too. Also check your deck settings.
April 09, 2006 05:58PM
Thank you both for your advice. SInce my frenzied post I have managed to capture picture, but can't get it to play back on my external monitor.

And when I manage to capture video, audio capture ceases.

Wierd, huh?

I believe 24f Canon capture CAN be done this way thru SDI and using Mac internal sound capture -- others greater than I have done so. Just not me so far.

I'll try calling Blackmagic tomorrow.

Meanwhile thanks a million for your help.

And anyone else, please throw me a rope - I'm drowning!

Best

H.

Harry Bromley-Davenport.
Anonymous User
April 09, 2006 07:38PM
Unless I'm mistakedn you cant monitor HDV out unless you add an HD Link converter to the mix

April 10, 2006 03:16PM
Update:

I have now managed to capture picture, thanks to advice from Blackmagic, using their "easy setup" "Blackmagic HDTV 1080i59.94 - DVCPRO HD".

It works just fine coming out of the SDI port.

Now my problem remains the sound.

I have been relaibly informed that I can capture sound through the minijack input on the Mac if I set everything to "internal sound". However, I'm not having any luck.

Can any one help out on this one?

I think I'll make a seperate post.

Best, and thanks to all for the advice.

Harry.

Harry Bromley-Davenport.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics