nattress film "older effect" tip

Posted by wayne granzin 
nattress film "older effect" tip
April 12, 2006 02:12AM
as a new user of graemes film effect filters, i have been experimenting rather aggressively. of all the things i LOVE about them there is one thing i havent been happy with. thats the distressing stuff like scratches, dirt grain, flicker, etc...

i'll begin by saying that im not really a big fan of the "fake distressing" thing in the first place as it normally just ends up looking cheesey, but i had client just today ask for it specifically. so...

i found that within a single instance of the g film plus 2.5.1 filter, if you added the 24p frame rate, your footage would have the right look, BUT the distressing effects still looked like 60i, which made the effect feel very "dissjointed"

so, i tried adding the filter twice. the FIRST instance does nothing but adds the grain, scratches, dust and flicker, then the SECOND instance adds the 24p (and nothing else) to the previous effects.

BAM! problem solved, everything looks just as it should.

graeme - this is the single best value in the history of FCP filters. it would be a steal even at twice the price!
Re: nattress film "older effect" tip
April 12, 2006 09:02AM
I second that, they are working amazingly well....the control over things like scratched and flicker etc..is ridiculously cool...as for the rest...man...
Re: nattress film "older effect" tip
April 12, 2006 10:48AM
Thanks!

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics