rogue render files...

Posted by wayne granzin 
rogue render files...
April 12, 2006 02:35AM
is anyone else having this issue?

lets say i have a few (2 or more) stacked clips, various opacity ramps, filters etc.
do an option-r render and everything looks great. then decide to change a thing or two and re render and suddenly there appears an old state or that older clip that no longer exists in that part of the timeline.

in trying to figure out the cause i ended up moving ALL the clips off that area, and with no clips there at all, that part still shows up when playing the timeline.

this first occurred a couple years back with the genarts saphire filters. but ive never seen it occur where i had none of them applied.

they only thing i can think to do is to trash all my render files, but then ill have to wait like 20 min to re render the full timeline (most clips have various non-rt filters applied)...

any thoughts -
Re: rogue render files...
April 12, 2006 09:36AM
> do an option-r render and everything looks great. then decide to change a
> thing or two and re render and suddenly there appears an old state or that
> older clip that no longer exists in that part of the timeline.

Ooh...I hate that. Have you tried the disconnect-reconnect media method? That way you only have to re-render that particular part of the effect, and it tends to work in my experience.
April 12, 2006 01:27PM
cool, and nope. i havent. ill give that a shot - thanX!
April 13, 2006 08:52PM
haven't heard of that for a while now, myself.
have you tried copying all into a new timeline?

i seem to remember a fix involving laying slug over that section and bringing it;s opacity down to zero.
but that could be a figment of my imagination...

nick

April 13, 2006 09:56PM
agian, nope. but ill try that as well - next it happens...
thanks guys!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics