A font called 'Sand'?

Posted by Phil G. 
A font called 'Sand'?
July 16, 2007 10:10AM
I am producing a pro bono video for Foster Families and would like to secure the old OS-9 font called 'Sand'. I purged OS-9 from my system and now regret that I didn't check the fonts before eliminating OS-9.

If anyone has this font in their system I would greatly appreciate it if you would send me a copy via e-mail.

Thanks very much.

Phil@FourPointsVideo.net
Re: A font called 'Sand'?
July 16, 2007 10:38AM
Google, Phil. Google.

[www.google.com]

[www.webfontlist.com]

[www.thepcmanwebsite.com]

Now, if you had the letters but didn't know what the font was called (and therefore had no way to search for it), that's a different deal. There's this website:

www.identifont.com

However, I've found it not to be accurate enough. Font identification is a tough one so it's always going to be better to have a human expert look at it. I posted a question on an About.com group once and while I had managed to figure out the font on my own, somebody also gave the correct answer within 24 hours, which was great:

[forums.about.com]

www.derekmok.com
July 16, 2007 12:22PM
just sent it to you. its a system font, so there shouldnt be any legal problems with sharing - and God knows, nobody in their right mind would ever BUY that font ; )
July 16, 2007 12:27PM
<<<nobody in their right mind would ever BUY that font >>>

I don't believe it was ever established that either the poster or the client was in their right mind.

We in production engineering tend not to ask questions like that.

Koz
July 16, 2007 12:30PM
he he he...
July 16, 2007 12:39PM
I've always loved that Font. Used it a lot in cartoon bubbles and other things.

Michael Horton
-------------------
July 16, 2007 12:47PM
MICHAEL HORTON!!! im appalled!

maybe my oldschool typography teeth are showing - grrrrrr - whoohoo!
July 16, 2007 01:14PM
Oh dear lord no - if you want to do comics properly use this one...

[www.dafont.com]

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
July 16, 2007 01:24PM
Thats very cool Ben. Like the blow-up doll on the left too.

Michael Horton
-------------------
July 16, 2007 02:10PM
Ask and you shall receive. Thanks to all of you on the forum that sent me the 'Sand' font. It is greatly appreciated. The Foster Families and Kids thank you as well. I've used it in the past for Foster Kids videos and it's always well received.

Wayne, we all can't be artists. Some of us merely like the simple things in life.

Thanks again.

PG
July 16, 2007 04:05PM
hey phil, im guessing by your last post that you may have taken offense at my critique of the font. hope you didnt take it personally - i was just kidding around.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics