audio rate out of synch...

Posted by arbie 
audio rate out of synch...
April 16, 2006 09:11PM
fcp 5.1: intel duo 1.83ghz: 1 gRam
As I am bringin in footage for my project, every second or third reel has an announcement that appears after the batch: some of the audio tracks are not on the same rate as the system (or somethig to that effect, it won't let me cut and paste). My settings are at 48kHz for NTSC. I have used a standard DVX1000 camera. Some of the footage is perfect. PLease let me know if I need to rebatch or if this issue can be resolved in the editing phase. THANKS!
I am new to FCP and am learning very quickly...........

Post Edited (04-16-06 22:57)
Re: audio rate out of synch...
April 17, 2006 01:07PM
It's not your system, it's your footage. Double-check that your audio was recorded at 16-bit 48kHz; FCP will give you that warning when the audio rates of your footage and capture settings don't match. Most cameras have the option to record 12-bit, 32kHz audio (which you should NEVER use unless you need 4-channel audio) and even some other weird sample rates. Chances are that the camera settings changed in between tapes. The good news is that FCP will attempt to up-sample the audio to 16-bit so it may work out fine. But double-check the captured audio to make sure it's in sync and it sounds OK.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics