Can Project files control A/V settings and Capture Scratch?

Posted by Osglith 
Can Project files control A/V settings and Capture Scratch?
September 04, 2007 03:04PM
Is there any way now to (or can some crafty software scriptor) get FCP to adjust A/V settings and which Capture Scratch folder you are using based on a Project File or even a Sequence File? We constantly switch between HD and SD projects, and are trying to keep our projects seperated in different folders for differnt clients. It is assured 98% of the time that I get called to help because someone captured footage to the last place FCP captured footage to (which isn't where the current user wanted).

Is it just me, or shouldn't FCP know that if you open a project that you last edited an HD (or whichever) sequence, then the "Sequence Settings", "Capture Settings", and "External Video" settings should change accordingly? Why can't the "Capture Settings" be influnced by the Sequence file? If I can get FCP to ask me which type of Sequence I want to create (It still doesn't change my exteranal monitor based on my selection), shouldn't it be able to associate (even as an optional button) all media recorded/transfered with a project in one location?

Or is there a way to do this, and I'm just missing it?

Thanks,
~D
Re: Can Project files control A/V settings and Capture Scratch?
September 04, 2007 05:01PM
i searched this out a few weeks ago.
and sorry, no.
September 04, 2007 05:09PM
A very oft-requested FCP feature, so far unfulfilled.

Scott
September 04, 2007 07:04PM
Well, Rats! Come on Apple!

Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy.

Well, more crazy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics