capturing from xdcam

Posted by maximoose 
capturing from xdcam
September 09, 2007 01:38PM
I?m using FCP 6.0.1 , on Mac OS X 10.4.10
I?m trying to capture a cassette from a Sony XDCAM HD deck( PDW-F70) , via the FireWire.
But I don?t seem to find the right link for the deck on the Capture/Input list.
corection: capturing from HDVCAM
September 09, 2007 02:14PM
I?m using FCP 6.0.1 , on Mac OS X 10.4.10
I?m trying to capture a cassette from a Sony HDV DVCAM 1080i , via the FireWire.
But I don?t seem to find the right link for the deck on the Capture/Input list.
Re: corection: capturing from HDVCAM
September 09, 2007 03:10PM
..try Easy Set up first...
Re: corection: capturing from HDVCAM
September 09, 2007 07:21PM
So is it DVCam or HDV? It can't be both.
Re: capturing from xdcam
September 10, 2007 01:23AM
You may have to install the software at sony.com/xdcamhd -- click on downloads -- to get the XDCamHD easy setups, and to get the sony transfer software that the deck requires.

As for HDV, it is a bit finicky... What deck are you using? As Jim mentioned... it's either DV or HDV, can't be both!

-MW
September 11, 2007 11:49AM
ok I will try again.
We have a mini DV tapes. The footage was shot on HDV camera... Sony. Playback is on Sony HDV 1080i deck. Capturing is into FCP 6. We used easy set-ups... HDV 1080i - it worked, but mysteriously stopped working.
Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance.
September 11, 2007 08:16PM
What message are you getting when it doesn't work?

A couple of things it could be.

1. You accidentally recorded a section in DV. The computer is looking for a HDV signal, and can't find it because you are sending DV..

2. You've accidentally changed the easy setup to DV, or made a new project where the setup is DV instead of HDV. The computer is a looking for a DV signal and can't find it because you are sending HDV.

3. You have the camera set to downconvert from HDV to DV on the fly during capture. I think it's called iilink. If iilink is on, the camera will send a DV signal even though you shot in HDV. As above, the computer is looking for HDV.

September 11, 2007 10:12PM
So can we safely assume that XDCAM HD and the PDW-F70 have nothing to do with what you are doing, or everything to do with what you're doing??

IF you really are capturing fotage from an F70 via Firewire then you MUST use a standard DV Easy Setup ... NOT HDV.

Regardless of the format that you recorded, playback via Firewire from these decks is (down) converted to DV.

If you import the clips directly from the disc, using the XDCAM Transfer software that Mike linked above, with the deck set to File Access Mode (FAM), then the clips are imported in their native codec ... so if you shot in XDCAM HD at SP quality (25 Mbps CBR) then you should use the HDV1080i codec to edit with.

I'm thinking the "was working but now stopped working" issue is that you are trying to import the files via Log and Capture but should instead be using File > Import > Sony XDCAM...

hope that helps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics