out of memory!?

Posted by ASQuARED 
out of memory!?
April 18, 2006 12:41PM
Please help! I tried to distort an image, then layer it ontop of another, then my canvas went red and said display to close it then open it again. Which I did. Now, everytime I try to click on certian sequences (like my primary one), I get the error-out of memory (I can't even go in and delete the effect). I'm running everything off of a brand new G5 quad, 2.5 gigs of ram, i emptied trash (which had alot of autosave copies), i've quit and restarted everything I can think of. I am also able to open and edit OTHER projects, just not the specific sequences that I need for the first project.

What the heck is going on?
Re: out of memory!?
April 18, 2006 01:06PM
what format and resolution is that image?
April 18, 2006 01:27PM
a simple clip 24p on 24p timeline, not hd
April 18, 2006 04:20PM
First you need to know that OSX thinks "memory" includes all the hard drives as well as the actual memory sticks inside the machine.

If the machine did run out of "memory", you may have damaged clips now, and no amount of patching or fiddling will bring it back.

Check all your drives including the System Drive. It's a bad idea to have any drive the system can see be over 90% full. If some of the work is being done on the System Drive--like cache or scratch--and the drive is filling up, that will account for the bad stability and damage. OSX does not like running on full drives.

Koz

April 18, 2006 04:45PM
Make sure your still image is not cmyk or grayscale. It has to be rgb.

Good luck!

Kevin

"A problem can never be solved by the same consciousness that created it"
Einstein
April 19, 2006 09:53PM

Oop. One more. No slash marks (/) in the filenames. New Macs hate that.

Koz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics