Live Type - garbled fonts?

Posted by Andy Field 
Live Type - garbled fonts?
April 19, 2006 10:21PM
Has anyone experienced this -- in the LIVETYPE..LiveFonts...some fonts...work fine with their animation...but come out garbled (not what you typed) Not sure what's happening here... Thanks Andy
Re: Live Type - garbled fonts?
April 19, 2006 10:54PM
Andy,
What exactly is happening? Can you post a screen shot?

JK
April 20, 2006 08:14AM
not sure how to post screen shots in this forum...but here's what's going on

I type in something like - "New, Improved"

And for all regular system fonts and effects - it looks fine

BUT

on SOME Live Fonts (the ones that walk and bounce and have light rays shooting through them) and only SOME of them

"New, Improved" - when you apply that LIVE FONT -- comes out

"Grhrbded, Evchged" or something like that...not the letters they were originally.

Some of this is happening on previously installed Live Fonts before an upgrade...some of it's happening on newly installed Live Fonts...

Thanks Andy
April 20, 2006 10:20AM
Have you tried making the suspect livefonts offline, then reimporting them? I can't recall the exact terminology, but there is a way to dump individual fonts out to save HD space, then reconnect (from the DVD).

I think it was to the left of the 'apply' button in the font or effect panels.

Otherwise, it sounds like something has gone bonkers in the prefs.
April 20, 2006 03:46PM
Keep in mind that LiveFonts from LT 1 and LT 2 are two different beasts. LT2 media will not work well in LT1, but LT1 LiveFonts should work in LT2.

Toss prefs first. If that doesn't work, I'd just reinstall LT 2 from the ground up if you can.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
April 20, 2006 05:17PM
I think there's a mix of LT1 and 2 fonts.....and some moved over from the OLD india font package that became LiveType...maybe there's a conflict with some of them....would hate to install them all from scratch..INDIA PRO fonts had a lot that livetype didn't....Latest LiveType incorporated some but certainly not all from that library (TV DOWN AND UP FROM CLASSIC EDITION IS ONE OF THE INTERESTING ONES...)

Does anyone know where the LT Fonts live so I can remove and then replace? (have tried getting rid of preferences but that didnt' help) Thanks for your advice
April 20, 2006 05:51PM
> Does anyone know where the LT Fonts live so I can remove and
> then replace? (have tried getting rid of preferences but that
> didnt' help) Thanks for your advice

It depends how you set it up during install, but mine are located in: /Library/Application Support/Livetype/Livefonts

I've seen this kind of gobbleygook with regular fonts, usually indicates a conflict and/or corruption. Examine your Livefonts folders for any duplicates, and then remove the india fonts and any leftover LT1 fonts, start adding them back in until you find the problem child...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics