Timeline Spanning Two Monitors

Posted by redjazz 
Timeline Spanning Two Monitors
April 21, 2006 04:30PM
I figure this is a totally easy issue to solve, but I can't for the life of me find an answer in help, in the forum archives or on google so I'll throw it to you all...

How do I get the timeline to span across both of my monitors in FCP 5.0.1 on OS 10.4.4?
Re: Timeline Spanning Two Monitors
April 21, 2006 07:01PM
A bit more detail...what happens it that the timeline is physicall "locked" to one monitor or the other. What I want to do is drag out the timeline to extend it across both monitors at the same time. I was able to do this with the same version of FCP in Panther on my G4, but not since upgrading to the G5 with Tiger.
April 21, 2006 09:30PM
check your monitor layout in system prefs.

you must have them around the wrong way, or aligned wrong, because there's nothing in FCP that would stop you doing that.

check the bottom edge of the monitor your timeline starts on is not lower that the bottom edge of the monitor you want to drag to.
maybe that's getting in the way?

cheers,
nick

April 23, 2006 12:27PM
And if your two monitors are not the 'same" in terms of size, and resolution selected (System Prefs>Displays), you will not be able to freely extend from one monitor to the next.

If you can move your mouse from monitor to monitor, then you can drag and extend your timeline. Again, in System Prefs>Displays you set the left-to-right order of the monitors, and which monitor contains the icons of the hard drives (which becomes the default or start-up Monitor).

If the two monitors are not the "same" and you have your timeline at the bottom of the default monitor and can't extend it to the second monitor, then...

Try positioning the timeline more in the middle of your default monitor and then try extending to the second monitor. Ten reposition the timeline (vertically), until you reach the desired layout appearance on your set up.

Independent photographer, film maker and Producer. In the wonderful UK.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics