video as watermark

Posted by Mike 
video as watermark
April 25, 2006 06:23AM
I want to show someone talking and have a separate video in the background. I'm wondering if there is a way to make the video appear like a watermark such as what can be done with a picture in Word?
I tired lowering opacity, but that didn't really give me the look I was hoping for.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mike
Re: video as watermark
April 25, 2006 10:36AM
A "watermark"?

Don't know that term, but sounds like what you're looking for is either a picture-in-picture effect, or background replacement.

For the former, you need to shrink the foreground picture (the interview) in size. For the latter, the interview needs to be against a blue/green screen, or you'll have to do copious amounts of motion tracking and matting to get rid of the background.
April 25, 2006 01:43PM
im very familiar with your terms, but im not sure what youre trying to achieve... simply lowering th eoverlaying clips opacity would be the way to do that. might help if you desaturated it - if you really wanted a "watermark" effect. but i think the psychology of the "watermark" may not translate seamlessly with full image over full image...???

you might also try playing with the composite modes (under the modify menu). it behaves similarly to photoshop. and might help
April 26, 2006 08:40AM
or put a white matte on top of the background video and adjust the opacity
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics