changes in quality from QTmov in FCP canvas to TV

Posted by robertnettinga 
changes in quality from QTmov in FCP canvas to TV
December 06, 2007 12:11PM
Action footage was shot with JVC camcorder (720p) in HD mode. Looks excellent when viewing in FCP canvas or when converted to QT movie (default settings at high or best quality) and viewed on the computer monitor but when QT movie is played on an 16:9 HD or 4:3 TV, the footage is "jerky". Have tried many different configurations of QT conversion with no success. I have not experienced this problem shooting in DV or SD prior to this. Thoughts? Thanks!
Re: changes in quality from QTmov in FCP canvas to TV
December 06, 2007 01:07PM
Hi Robert

Would you mind giving us a breakdown of the format you are capturing and the output you are using?

Any and all information including the TV format - eg: PAL/NTSC would be helpful in diagnosing your problem.

But to jump the gun so to speak - even though you have 720p source it sounds like either a field order issue when played back on a CRT TV (maybe in conversion?) or a frame rate issue when played back on a device that doesn't accurately handle the framerate of your outputted material.

Let us know as much about your setup as possible.

Thanks

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Re: changes in quality from QTmov in FCP canvas to TV
December 07, 2007 11:31AM
Ben

Thanks so much for your prompt response. format is NTSC and I am using a Samsung HD TV temporarily until I decide on a new color monitor. After exhausting the QT conversion choices, I THINK I may have solved the problem using the NTSC 720x480 16:9 option. Seems obvious now--I thought I had tried this before but apparently not. it has eliminated the jerkiness in the TV output post conversion. I have yet to burn a DVD with the converted product but Ill keep you posted on the final outcome later today. Thanks again Ben. This is a great site with some really bright people!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics