FCP Does Not Recognize Ext. Device

Posted by lambo5oh 
FCP Does Not Recognize Ext. Device
April 25, 2006 10:11PM
I am running a G4 Dual and was using my PD100a as my external firewire device. I recently upgraded to Tiger and FCP Studio, and now it does not recognize the camera.

I have checked the Easy Setups, System Settings, Trashed the Pref. etc, but to no avail. I also changed out the Firewire cable.

In Log and Capture, I am able to control the camera deck, but it will not capture.

I also do not have external video on my NTSC monitor.

All help appreciated.

Have fun at NAB!!

Re: FCP Does Not Recognize Ext. Device
April 25, 2006 10:56PM

It is necessary for Tiger, FCP5 and QT7 to match. Do they? You can't leave QT at 6.

Koz

April 25, 2006 11:05PM
I do have QT 7.0.4
April 25, 2006 11:24PM
This has been one of the most commonly asked questions in here. Hopefully the most popular solution will work. Look at this:

[docs.info.apple.com]
April 25, 2006 11:32PM
I thought I'd seen this before. One solution is to trash the QT7 application and make the system download it again.

<[www.lafcpug.org];

Post Edited (04-25-06 21:32)
April 26, 2006 12:20AM
Excellent!! Thank you gentlemen! My question is, if this is a common problem, why doesn't Apple make this solution available in their shipping documentation.

Thanks again.

Vic Lambert
April 26, 2006 12:38AM
This problem is inherent in not moving to a new operating system correctly. Yes, if you want to do word processing and access the web you can update from one OS to another, but if you want to run professional applications, the only way to move from one operating system to another is to wipe your hard drive, clean erase it, and install the new operating system. If you do this, you would have no problems with QT7. Anything else should not be considered acceptable in a professional environment. Moving from 10.3 to 10.4, from Panther to Tiger, is not, in terms of professional systems applications, an update, it's a new OS. When Leopard is released, if you want to move to the new OS, you should clone your existing system drive for backup purposes, erase your system hard drive and install a brand new OS. Anything short of this is bound to cause problems as we have seen repeatedly with users you have tried to updated from one OS to another.

All the best,

Tom
April 26, 2006 11:25AM
Thanks Tom and everyone. I am a believer now!

Vic
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics