OT: FCP SUPERMEET ROCKED

Posted by David Slater 
OT: FCP SUPERMEET ROCKED
April 27, 2006 01:51AM
Hey Mike (and everyone else who help, sponsored, or even just showed up)

WOW
that was a BLAST

what's more to say other then, whens the next one?

David at Movies Rock in Toronto
[www.tofcpug.com]
Anonymous User
Re: OT: FCP SUPERMEET ROCKED
April 27, 2006 04:42PM
Thanks David. Was great fun for all of us and very little tech problems this year. Was grateful for that. Great meeting you and so many others last night. Highlight of show was the young college gal who won the JVC Camcorder. I heard she broke open the bottle of Vodka she got as part of the prize, right on the spot. Great moment.

April 27, 2006 08:13PM
Yeah Michael, that was a great gig you put on for us at NAB last night. $73,000 in sponsor raffles - what an awesome display of generosity. And it speaks so highly of the respect that you have rightly earned in the industry.

For the 499,000 other FCP editors put there, making a trip to NAB is our metaphor for Mecca. The Apple tech and support folks were phenominal in their understanding and knowledge base. Having three days to one-on-one with these Apple gurus is well worth the trip down here. All the apps were well supported by the presence of very knowledgeable Apple folks, demonstrations and hands-on workshops. I learned a truckload.

3.5 million sq. ft. of display area and 130,000 attendees. Staggering and hard to fathom unless you're here.

Now if we can only get Telly up to Vancouver for a workshop....

Jamie
April 28, 2006 02:03AM
I met more people than I thought I would. Great to see what work people are doing with FCP...great to see lots of grateful people (and some not so enthusiastic people) win prizes. The college girl winning the JVC was definately the highlight.

Still irked at those winning multiple prizes. I think if they win once, you take ALL their tickets so the wealth can be spread out. I missed the Decklink Extreme by ONE NUMBER!!!

Sigh.

I had fun, I had beers, I met people, I found products I could use in my workflow.
Best extra NAB event ever. Well, I did like the Adobe Guy at ProMax (minus the buzz on the speaker that plagued the poor guy. The Adobe Audition demo on getting rid of the squeak in the audio was awesome.

Oh...and when Graeme won the G-tech Q-Drive and screamed like a girl...that is because HE didn't scream....his wife did. SHE won the drive. He went to claim it as she had their sleeping kid in her arms. I just wanted to clear that up so that Graeme didn't have the rep of screaming like a girl.

That other guy who screamed like a girl...what was him...what was a VERY girly scream.
Anonymous User
April 28, 2006 03:15AM
And because he showed such enthusiasm Graeme also got a Nattress T-shirt and a set of Nattress plugins

April 28, 2006 07:56PM

Haha!! Yes, that was a fun moment, too!

Big, big thanks to Michael and the rest of the crew for putting together such a fun event! It was definitely an NAB highlight for me!

I have to say, though, that I agree with Shane's "multiple winners" thought... maybe the winner of multiple items gets to keep the item of their choice, and return the "lesser" one to the mix?

But I don't want to be considered the Unappreciative Guy, beefing about free stuff!! The SuperMeet is simply the best NAB event there is!

Thanks, Mike!

"Pain is temporary... film is forever"
April 30, 2006 01:23PM
Hey Mike,

Never got to formally bow out from Vegas. It was a weird year where we all were splintered off doing loads of things in many arenas. Just wanted to let you know that you hit a home run with the agenda this year. Having users demo projects versus the Power-Pointy thang was just great. I can't remember that much energy at any of our past NAB events. Kasie (the gal from Eastern CT State U) was shaking for 15 minutes following her big win of the JVC HDV camera. I saw her the next day when she came to visit me in the AJA booth. She was beaming. How nice it was to see a young person who paid her own way there win--and know what she won! Even better that it was one of my peeps. We're a small state, but we have a good sized group of people like her that keep bringing the energy. Pretty cool win for us in CT. See you soon. I told Mr. Hodgetts that I may drop in for an Alpha Dogs Editor's Lounge and a DP BuZZ visit sometime this summer.

-Keith
Anonymous User
April 30, 2006 01:43PM
Keith

Cristoph Vornheim got some great picts of you and Kassie. I'll send them to you. Here is just one. Tell her we are all so happy for her. Highlight of the night.

April 30, 2006 01:47PM
Thanks to Christoph! I have to go through mine too. That gal has been coming to workshops and meetings for almost 3 years. I feel like I've watched her grow up, hence my reaction to meet her half way and hug her. A storybook ending to a great night.

-Keith
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics