Deck suggestion for PAL/NTSC

Posted by Mark A 
Deck suggestion for PAL/NTSC
April 27, 2006 06:26PM
I'm looking for options to capture and write PAL/NTSC MiniDVD and DVCAM. I'm pretty sure the DSR-11 does that, but is there anything else in that price range that someone would recommend?
Re: Deck suggestion for PAL/NTSC
April 27, 2006 06:43PM
nope. in that price range and for that qualty - thats pretty much THE CHOICE.
April 27, 2006 06:48PM
Thanks - what would you suggest as a step up from that? From what I could find the price difference really jumps.
April 27, 2006 07:05PM
from what ive seen on a pro/semi pro level the next level up is the dsr 20/25/40/45 but those are about a double jump in price to start. and im not sure those will do pal.

the dsr11 is a great choice for the money. and the only things negative about it are the cover door tends to break off and i personally am used to having timecode display ON the deck (but im a whiney bitch) - other than that, the dsr11 is a fine, fine choice

i just picked up a used fully loaded (firewire, analog, SDI) dsr1500 on ebay for $2500 and i couldnt be any happier...
April 28, 2006 01:53AM
There is a JVC DVCAM deck that does all that is similiar to the DSR-11 and costs about the same. DOn't know the model number, just worked with it twice.
April 28, 2006 05:26AM

JVC BR-DV6000 Does PAL/NTSC switchable...record and playback - also plays back large DVCAM cassetts....we've used for the last few years - Flawless (has built in LCD monitor with audio and other information overlay....able to do DV Tape cloning (timecode too) It's been flawless...Highly recommend
April 28, 2006 08:11PM
DSR-25 does PAL and NTSC - nicer deck than the 11, but more pricey.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics