Audio waveforms out of sync with audio

Posted by tylerhubby 
Audio waveforms out of sync with audio
January 16, 2008 09:28PM
I have encountered an odd situation. While cutting some dialog replacement I have noticed that my waveforms are actully about 10 frames out of sync with the audio they are supposed to represent. They are in sync in the viewer but they slip whenever I cut the audio into a timeline. Nedless to say this is making dialog editing a bit confusing.

I have never had this happen. I have tried storing cache files on external and internal drives.
I trashed the waveform cache files, repaired permissions, ran TechTool, re-booted - anything I thought might flush it out and it is still acting up.

I am working in PAL DV, 48k, 16 bit (using 48k, 16bit aiff files)
OS 10.4, FCP 5.1.4, Dual 2.5 G5, 4 gigs RAM, 2 G-raid and 1 Iomega drives via Firewire 800 PCI card.

Any thoughts?
Re: Audio waveforms out of sync with audio
January 17, 2008 12:35AM
I'm not sure why this is happening to you. You seem to have done the most obvious fixes for the problem and I've never had this happen to me before so I'm not aware of a particular fix.

However, you might want to try trashing your preferences and seeing if that helps. Occasionally when you have really wonky behavior, it means your preferences have become corrupt.

It's worth a shot anyhow, since you seem to have done everything else.

Andy
Re: Audio waveforms out of sync with audio
January 17, 2008 01:10AM
Also try a media disconnect/reconnect. I remember encountering this problem and I never could pin it down, either, but it tends to be temporary.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics