OT: More picsts from NAB and the SuperMeet

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
OT: More picsts from NAB and the SuperMeet
May 01, 2006 12:03AM
These picts were taken by Cristoph Vornheim of CHV Electronics plug-ins for Final Cut Pro. Includes a few shots from the show floor.

[www.lafcpug.org]

The Steadycam on the Segway is pretty cool

Re: OT: More picsts from NAB and the SuperMeet
May 01, 2006 01:27AM
Cool pics I got two questions

This is a dumb question but I really don't know that shows how big of a noob I am to editing but, picture number 3 what is that stuff?

Mike is that you in the raffel pictures with the purple thing around your neck i'm pretty sure its someone from LAFCPUG cus I think I recgonize them from the DVD I got when Walter Murch went to the meeting.

Thanks for the pics now that makes me wanna go to NAB and FCPUG Super meet that much more in the future it looks like a blast.

Sean
May 01, 2006 02:50AM
Video switchers.

Interestingly enough, that is what they used as the controls to the DEATH STAR in STAR WARS when they fired the big planet busting gun...video switchers. Heck, us the viewing audience didn't know any better.
May 01, 2006 05:52AM
Walter Murch was at Fcpmeet. cool. i thought he only uses avid products. Always wanted to meet him.
May 01, 2006 06:01AM
Walter has been to at least two LAFCPUG meetings and a supermeet in SF, as well as an SF Cutters meeting. He has used FCP on his last two films.

All the best,

Tom
Anonymous User
May 01, 2006 08:35AM
This shows just how much of a dork I am...

The video switcher in Star Wars....

Grass Valley 1600...

Sheesh! I can't believe I know that. I can't believe I remember that!

May 01, 2006 08:38AM
Once again...though it's nice to see pics from NAB, it would be GREAT if there were a few titles on these pics...I can't identify anybody sad smiley

Thanx for posting them.

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

May 01, 2006 11:52AM
I agree with Joey we need captions it would be cool to put a name with a face.

Thanks

Sean
Anonymous User
May 01, 2006 12:06PM
Got to figure out how to do that. When I do i'll upload.

Is that Telly in a new shirt?

- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:
Set a Level keyframe with Command-Option K !

The FCP 5 KeyGuide?: a professional placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central:
www.neotrondesign.com
May 01, 2006 01:47PM
Hello, Michael smiling smiley

Thank you for the picts and a great time at the NAB LAFCPUG meeting!

My vote to invite Peter from Apple (Paris) again he was very enjoyable to listen to and watch present.

Shane Ross, Noah Kadner and myself were in the Panasonic booth showing the Final Cut Pro ? P2 workflow. I was surprised to see how many (Avid) editors and schools making the switch to Final Cut Pro.

love & peace,
victor smiling smiley

amor y paz,
victor smiling smiley
[www.victorfoto.com]
Anonymous User
May 01, 2006 02:13PM
Speaking of schools, The LAUSD BOD is voting May 9 on to approve three technology vendors, based on price alone. The three are Lenovo, Dell and HP. Apple is not one of those choices. This is a 5 year plan and thing is, these computers come with Pentium processors which we all know are being EOL'd. They also come with a 5 year guarantee but so what? This could cost the School District millions rather than save plus effectively end teaching of FCP and iMovie in the schools around LA which feed into the Entertainment Industry. No teacher input on this either. It is simply at the recommendation of the LA ITD (Information Tech Division)

I live in District 6 and Julie Korenstein is the Board Member and I've written her about this. I urge al of you in LA to write your respective Board Member and inform them they are making a very bad and potentially costly decision here.

[www.lausd.k12.ca.us]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics