Can't find movie file.

Posted by Jules 
Can't find movie file.
May 03, 2006 02:01AM
Hi all, sorry about the title of the thread.

Basically, I have just cleared out some old projects, but when I boot up FCP now it keeps looking for a movie file "Sequence 9-FIN-00000001" and says without it the movie can't play properly.

Thing is, there is no project open in FCP whern I am opening it, so I have no idea which project/movie it is going on about.

I have restarted the Mac in the hope that would stop it, but it hasn't. I recall something like this happenning before when i deleted completed projects, and i think in the end it just went away, but i'd like to know why it's doing this, or what is going on, and any way of stopping it sooner rather than letting it sort itself out, as it's a (ever so tiny weenie slight) pain.

Thanks in advance.

Jules
Re: Can't find movie file.
May 03, 2006 03:18AM
That is a render file. Typically you get that message when you try to open a reference QT movie, or when renders are missing. Just have FCP forget the render file and re-render.
May 03, 2006 01:10PM
If you are in the habit of Quitting FCP without closing all open projects first, it will try to open the last project when you start it up. Looks like the last project you worked on was one of the ones you cleared out. You might be able to "Forget" the missing file in the dialog, but mainly try to Close Project until the slate is clean and then Quit FCP. Next time you start, it should do so quietly.

Or something else is at work....

Scott
May 03, 2006 03:18PM
> If you are in the habit of Quitting FCP without closing all open projects first,
> it will try to open the last project when you start it up

That's not quite true. This is determined by a User Preference called "Open last project on application launch". I always turn it off because I find this feature insufferable.

However, I also advocate saving and closing your projects before quitting the application. Saving should be a conscious, user-dictated operation.

The message you described seems to be different from a simple render file disconnect. I think it's a combination of Scott's idea (it's trying to open a project file automatically) and that said project file may contain media that is reference media, not self-contained.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics