Question about using an NEC CM-1991A 19" video monitor

Posted by brilil 
Question about using an NEC CM-1991A 19" video monitor
March 28, 2008 02:12PM
Hello. I have been reading the LAFCPUG forums and site for a couple years now, but this is my first post. Please forgive me if this is the wrong kind of question to ask here, but I am stymied.

I recently took a Larry Jordan-led Advanced FCP class (which RULED) and am now convinced I need a video monitor to do my color correction with (duh). A friend just gave me an NEC CM-1991A 19" monitor to use, which is exciting. The unexciting part is that I have NO idea of how to hook this bad boy up to my Mac Pro tower to use it. The only connection I recognize on it is a coaxial one on the front. There are "RGB Multi Input" and VTR and a couple "Video In"s that I don't recognize.

Does anyone have a similar set up and can give me an idea of what to do to connect up to this critter? I edit video for the University of Michigan Department of Surgery (as well as personal narrative movie projects) and have been getting more serious about my skills over the past year.

Thanks for everything I've learned so far here, and for any help y'all might have on this question.

Thanks!

Brian Lillie
Re: Question about using an NEC CM-1991A 19" video monitor
March 28, 2008 03:25PM
Hey Brian,

Well...we don't know your set-up so we don't know what you are using for Capture / Output (I/O). Depending on your Video Card, if you had an Aja LHe for instance you could connect a BNC or RCA for video & stereo RCA's for audio to the monitor. We need more information about your system. There are a few really good options out there... it just depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

March 31, 2008 12:46PM
Hey,

Thanks so much for responding. I use a dual-core 2.66 GHz Intel Mac Pro, and do all my capturing via a Sony DV Walkman directly into the Firewire port of the computer. Is that enough information? (We use FCP 6.0 and I am still in Tiger 10.4.11).

Thanks again,

Bri
March 31, 2008 05:04PM
Nope...I have no idea what a Sony DV Walkman is capable of. I need to know if there are any outputs on that thing. What is the model number of this unit? What do the outputs look like on it? Can you post a picture of the outputs or a link to one?

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics