Crossfades and SoundSoap

Posted by playergiro 
Crossfades and SoundSoap
June 05, 2008 12:55PM
Hello.

I have several audio clips (each 5 seconds or so) next to each other, joined by crossfades of about 0.5 seconds.

I am applying SoundSoap (as an AU plugin in FCP) to each clip to reduce noise. I've used SoundSoap before outside of FCP, so I know what I'm doing with it.

It sounds better (noise removed) in the middle of each clip, but during the crossfade, there's a hiccup I can't remove. From what I can tell, the effect seems to not be applied during the crossfade-- in fact, there seems to be silence in some parts of the crossfade.

I know that I can do noise removal in SoundTrack Pro, which is my backup plan, but I wanted to see if anyone else has seen this bug.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Re: Crossfades and SoundSoap
June 06, 2008 12:19PM
I would dump the crossfade, send the original clips to SoundSoap again, then apply the crossfade as the last thing. Sounds like the render for the crossfade is "remembering" the original audio. I remember iMovie was terrible this way, but I thought FCP handled it a lot better.

If this was your original workflow, I guess I'd still recommend doing it all over. It might work just to dump the cross and apply it again.

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics