OpenCut and injesting Red clips

Posted by natehubz 
OpenCut and injesting Red clips
May 30, 2008 08:46PM
So I entered this competition and received my HD back with footage from Red in the form like P2 Cards...Card1, Card2 Each card had separate Video and Audio folders. When I couldn't get Log & Transfer to work recognizing the Cards, I went to the Red site and downloaded the beta plugin for Red L&T. It worked to recognize the Video Files but not the synced audio with it. When I selected both Vid & Aud folders, it gave an error message that the Audio was not recognized. Has anyone used this?
Nate
Re: OpenCut and injesting Red clips
May 30, 2008 11:23PM
Hey Nate,

You in the L.A. area? I have yet to send in my HD but I did enter, more to have some practive RED footage than anything else.

When you say "couldn't ... recognize the Cards" are you talking folders on the external HD?

Can you please give the standard specs of your system, harddrive and the file structure on the HD?

Not sure of the audio recording setup but according to Red L&T page:
"Audio must be recorded in 1 or 2 channels only! 3 and 4 channel audio is not yet supported."

The open cut project says to use REDCINE. (see notes below)

Also, you can reach Silverado by phone if need be. Although, you'll probably have to wait until Monday at this point.

I think you might want to read the red manual page 52 and the apendix on post production.

example:
Copying Media.
When copying media, it is recommended that you just drag the .RDM folder on the magazine
over to the archive storage media. This copies all appropriate media and metadata files. You
won?t need to copy the log and magazine profile files over to the archive media, but if you
do it will do no harm.

The camera records unprocessed sensor data using REDCODE RAW compression to a CF card, or RED-DRIVE digital magazine. Data is then transferred from the digital media via FireWire or USB-2, to a Macintosh OSX workstation running RED ALERT! or REDCINE software, or to a Windows XP workstation running REDCIINE software.

RED ALERT! can generate QuickTime reference movies suitable for use in dailies applications,
and export a sequence of 2K or 4K resolution RGB image files as TIFF or DPX files for DI use.

REDCINE can also encode 4K or 2K RAW footage into a variety of uncompressed RGB and
compressed 4:2:2 video formats. Provided the appropriate QuickTime codec?s are available on the host computer workstation, compressed video choices include ProRes, DNxHD, DV100 and M-JPEG QuickTime movies at 1080p or 720p resolution. For film out, multi-media or special effects applications, REDCINE may export a sequence of 2K or 4K image files in TIFF, Open EXR, DPX, JPEG, or Photoshop PSD file formats.

Creating 4:2:2 at 1080p or 720p resolution QuickTime movies provides compatibility with the majority of non-linear editing systems. Depending on the QuickTime movie resolution, material may be taken directly to a broadcast delivery videotape format, or after the editorial decisions have been made, video can be conformed at full image resolution by replacing the lower resolution edit proxy (e.g. 720p at 8 bit quality) with a high resolution 4K, 2K or 1080p image file.

--
Eric Harnden
Quintessential Studios
---------------------------------
[wordpress.quintessentialstudios.net]
[twitter.com]
May 30, 2008 11:59PM
thanks Eric...I didn't look for that info when I started. I just assumed it to be a Log&Transfer job. I still don't see where the audio gets attached yet in RedCine, RedAlert

I have Intel Mac Pro 2 x 3GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon. 1 250 system drive, 1 750 Time Machine, 2 striped 750s for 1.5 TB media drive. Upgrade to Leopard last week

Nate
June 06, 2008 05:47PM
Nate,

Did you get the latest email from Silverado? They addressed a lot of questions from participants.

Audio wasn't attached as shot sad smiley

"#1--MOST IMPORTANT--the audio is not embedded with the video!
"If you try to use the Log and Transfer function to get your footage into Final Cut, there will be no audio."

--Eric

--
Eric Harnden
Quintessential Studios
---------------------------------
[wordpress.quintessentialstudios.net]
[twitter.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics