jittering stills

Posted by envisaging 
jittering stills
June 09, 2008 04:21PM
I just upgraded to FCP6. I have been working with pan and scanning stills for years and never had a problem, now when the stills are gittering when they animate (through the FCP motion tab). When they are undrendered they play smoothly (not as sharp a focus obviously) but when renedered they stutter. Any suggestions, or work arounds?

Jodi
Re: jittering stills
June 09, 2008 05:03PM
How large are these stills? Overly large and overly small stills (compared to your Sequence frame size) can both have this problem. Did you already try De-Interlace and Flicker Filter?

www.derekmok.com
June 09, 2008 05:32PM
Yep, that seems to be it. Is there any way to add a global de-interlace to all the still in a bin without going one at a time, or going into photoshop and doing it?
June 12, 2008 01:29PM
I'm getting the jitters too but the work-arounds aren't helping! The problem gets even worse when add a dissolve to the still. Isn't anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,

Maxwell
June 12, 2008 01:59PM
> Is there any way to add a global de-interlace to all the still in a bin without going one at a time

Drag all the stills onto a timeline, add the De-Interlace filter by either drag-and-drop or Copy/Paste Attributes, then drag them back into a bin.

> I'm getting the jitters too but the work-arounds aren't helping!

We need more information to diagnose your issue. What file format? What Sequence Settings? How big are the stills, both in terms of frame size and file size? Are you watching on an external monitor?

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics