Firewire FCP 5 capture problem?

Posted by guamrider 
Firewire FCP 5 capture problem?
May 13, 2006 03:06AM
Sorry for this long explanation but my newly installed fcp5 and 10.4 dies not recognize any firewire inputs in a project.

First, everything has been working fine for a long time with fpc 4.5, 10.3.9 but it ain't no mo...

Second, I went thru the tutorlals to get familiar with fcp5 but didn't try to capture anything or look at it with my separate monitor tv.

OK, so here goes. The project presets are the standard DV NTSC48 for the sequense & capture, but I keep getting the "missing firewire" notice on the video playback section of the audio/video setting. In the view menu I cannot switch the external video control to all frames. It stays on off.

The firewire input is good because when I connect a Canopus converter (that I use to drive a separate lcd monitor tv) to the second firewire port the video looks normal from the deck.
The computer also recognizes an external firewire storage drive and it operates normally. This would make me believe that 10.4 is working as it should also.

I hope this is making sense and I suspect that fcp5 is the cause but don't have a clue. I have a g4 mirror, dual 1.42, 1.5gig memory.

Does anyone have any idea of where I should go next or where to look? I'd certainly appreciate your advise.
Re: Firewire FCP 5 capture problem?
May 13, 2006 03:41AM
Re: Firewire FCP 5 capture problem?
May 13, 2006 02:54PM
That did the trick! I can't thank you enough.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics