duplicating seqs in FCP 5.1.4

Posted by Phil UK 
duplicating seqs in FCP 5.1.4
August 13, 2008 06:56AM
Hi'ya, I have been using FCP 6.3 (great) which duplicates sequences by right clicking etc...Can a similar operation be done in FCP 5.1.4? Cheers
Re: duplicating seqs in FCP 5.1.4
August 13, 2008 07:18AM
August 13, 2008 07:29AM
How?
August 13, 2008 07:42AM
In the browser, right click, duplicate... Wait... I'm on 6.0.4... Think you need to click paste in FCP 5, but yea, you can duplicate the sequence in the browser.

www.strypesinpost.com
August 13, 2008 07:59AM
i believe you can also do this in 514 also. How ever in the back of my mind i am thinking cmd c-v in the browser.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
August 13, 2008 08:03AM
Duplicate has been around for ages -- select in the Browser and press OPTION-D.

www.derekmok.com
August 13, 2008 12:13PM
i take it this means right clicking is NOT working for you, Phil,
which is weird, because that hasn't changed since version 1.

do you get any joy right clicking in other parts of FCP?
August 15, 2008 08:45AM
>Duplicate has been around for ages -- select in the Browser and press OPTION-D.

Thanks for reminding me on that one, Derek. I can never seem to remember this shortcut for some reason or other...

There's an OSX shortcut that doesn't seem to work on 1 machine that i'm on- the apple shift tilde to change windows within a program.... Any idea how I can get that working?

>How ever in the back of my mind i am thinking cmd c-v in the browser.

It breaks master/affiliate relations in the sequence (at least it did the last time i tried on 2 machines). Duplicate the sequence instead.

www.strypesinpost.com
August 15, 2008 08:57AM
> There's an OSX shortcut that doesn't seem to work on 1 machine that i'm on- the apple shift t
> tilde to change windows within a program.... Any idea how I can get that working?

Maybe another user assigned a different command to the shortcut?

www.derekmok.com
August 15, 2008 09:14AM
stypes

are you saying that if i c-v the sequence the clips become completely independent of the masters that they were cut from?

If so, then that would mean applying something like smooth cam would only analyze the clip that is in that sequence and not its entire master.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

""""
August 15, 2008 09:37AM
"Thanks for reminding me on that one, Derek. I can never seem to remember this shortcut for some reason or other... "

yeah, because it's OPTION-D, not Apple-D

Apple D is free in the keyboard layout, if you want to use it.
but not for me..
i use it for "deselect"

"There's an OSX shortcut that doesn't seem to work on 1 machine that i'm on- the apple shift tilde to change windows within a program.... Any idea how I can get that working"

you know Apple tilde works the same, but in the opposite direction.
what happens when you use that??
August 15, 2008 09:43AM
>i use it for "deselect"

Lol... I'm almost on autopilot on apple shift A for deselect.

>Apple tilde works the same

Cool. i'll check that out tomorrow.. It's weird, coz shift apple tilde doesn't do anything for once, and I brought up the shortcut keys in system prefs pane, and there doesn't seem to be an option to select/deselect that shortcut.

I'm on tiger (though i swore it used to work even on tiger).

www.strypesinpost.com
August 15, 2008 12:38PM
"Lol... I'm almost on autopilot on apple shift A for deselect.'

i kinda grew u on photoshop.... (blush)

i dont know, G.
it works for me.
forwards and reverse!

i'm getting a weird kb conflict: control-V brings up a QuicKeys window!

hope you solve it,
n
August 15, 2008 02:09PM
STYPES

what about the question i asked?

""""
August 16, 2008 12:01AM
>are you saying that if i c-v the sequence the clips become completely independent
>of the masters that they were cut from?
>then that would mean applying something like smooth cam would only analyze the clip
>that is in that sequence and not its entire master.

Strange... I vividly recall it happening on one 5.1.4 machine i worked on, but it seems to keep the master/affiliate clip relationship now on 6.0.4.

As for whether it will analyze only the trimmed clip in the sequence, if the clip was broken. I doubt so. It is an independent clip, which means you can't trace back to the master clip in the browser.

Nick, Apple tilde doesn't buy no love on this tiger (by default in FCP, it is clears a marker point). Ah well... no problem... gotta go back to shortcut keys (apple 4 for browser, apple 1 for viewer, apple 2 for canvas, apple 3 for timeline)

www.strypesinpost.com
August 16, 2008 12:10AM
man....... . They really need to fix that. I hate baking clips just to use a filter or go to color. They should have thought of in TL baking.

the smooth cam should only effect the clip it was applied to. This baking sucks.

Thanx for the info stypes.

""""
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics