Reconnect media problems... Reconnect only works on one clip at a time

Posted by jwilliam 
Reconnect media problems... Reconnect only works on one clip at a time
August 20, 2008 09:15PM
Hey All... Edit to bump, original post below. Long story short, I've got most of my issues settled, but I'm still having re-connect problems.

When I try to re-connect a whole sequence, I see the whole list of offline clips in the top window. I locate them, select the online clip - all of which lives in the same directory, but when I select 'connect', it only re-links 1 clip out of a list of 20 plus clips.

What gives? How can I get the whole sequence to reconnect?

Jeff

I'm having some problems with re-connecting media. I've just poured through a bunch of the reconnect media threads, and those aren't my problem. I'm on FCP 6.0.4, OS 10.4.11, BTW.

Here's what's happening:

I'm working on a project based off of P2 cards. The material was originally imported on set, clips were grouped together, basic rough sequences were sliced together. I made a copy of the footage, but to streamline time, I just took copies of the original P2 card files, and not the imported capture scratch folder. That way, we had another backup of the card files, and I figured that re-importing would be a simple matter.

So, overnight, I ran the re-import of 450 clips from the P2 card files. The P2 card info was intact, the files came in without trouble, but now I can't re-link the original clips/sequences with the material I just brought in last night.

When I launch the project, the "reconnect warning window" tells me there's 450 offline clips. When I OK that, the reconnect window lists what appears to be 450 clips without any reel/name/id info, they're just blank.

Curious. And annoying.

I could start anew, but it would be really nice to have the group clips automatically re-constituted and my rough sequences online.

If I lasso a bunch of the offline clips and try to reconnect them, I see the whole list of lassoed clips in the reconnect window. I navigate to the footage (which is all in one folder), select one clip, FCP thinks for a second, closes the window, but only the first clip on the list is reconnected.

To get my grouped clips back, am I going to have to reconnect each clip one by one? Why would FCP only do one clip at a time in a list, if all the target media is in the same folder? And what's with the opening reconnect screen giving me a list of "<blank>" file info?

Is the proper method for re-importing stuff like this to go straight to "batch capture" and re-import that way? I'm about to run a test of that method, but I get an error message that says:

"x items outside of your current selection have been found to reference media about to be processed during this operation.

If you add these items to your selection, an additional X.X GB of disk space will be required.

If you select continue, these items will not be added to your selection, and they might be taken offline."

What's that about?

Thanks!

Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics