how do I capture a scrolling blog animation

Posted by brasscupcake 
how do I capture a scrolling blog animation
May 22, 2006 09:33AM
Dear Group,

I am working with FCP 5.0.4 on OS l0.4.6 on a G5 with l GB and my external HD is LaCie.

I am working on a 26 minute edit of a festival and would like to include my blog images. I want it to look like you are scrolling down the blog. How do I do this? I thought that I could screen capture and then import and that looks really bad.

Thanks,

Diane

[www.ashadedviewonfashion.com]
Re: how do I capture a scrolling blog animation
May 22, 2006 09:52AM
What program are you using to capture your screen? I use SnapzPro and it looks great.
May 22, 2006 10:52AM
Perhaps you could capture the screens one at a time, and sew together a tall image in photoshop. Then manipulate the image with FCP - i.e. tilt down to reveal it by moving the y axis.
May 22, 2006 11:28AM
What Mike said about stitching screencaps in Photoshop (COMMAND/SHIFT/4 gives you a crosshair cursor that allows you to outline & choose an area of the screen)...only I wouldn't animate the image, I would bring that tall image into After Effects and animate a camera & light onto the still image. MUCH more flexibility in movement (not to mention COOLER-looking!)

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

May 22, 2006 11:43AM
Thanks for the answers, I have not mastered after effects and was wondering if there was a way to do it without it and to still get good results.

Shane, I am looking for video. I take it that you recommend that SnapzPro is better than using the built in screen capture (control, apple, shift, 4 to capture into clipboard or into photoshop?) Is the resolution going to be good enough when the film is projected on a screen in a cinema?

Best, Diane

[www.ashadedviewonfashion.com]
May 22, 2006 01:04PM
The Shift-Apple-4 only gets you a still. A darn good still image quality. Compressed PNG which is a great compressor.

But if you want moving video, SNAPZPRO might be the way to go, and you can save that capture as ANY codec QT Pro supports.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics