Designing logos of video

Posted by slimkidd 
Designing logos of video
May 31, 2006 03:39AM
what software sould i use to design logo fo dv? photoshop,illustrator You cant design logos in livetype just titles right?
Re: Designing logos of video
May 31, 2006 07:01AM
My preference would be Illustrator then touch up and conversion to DV res in Photoshop export as a PSD file with transparent background for overlay in FCP.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
May 31, 2006 10:45AM
either photoshop or illustrator will be fine. they both share some core functionality, but each one handles a different part better. for example - illustrator is a vector based program and is SUPERB with type handling, but it does do (some) rudimentary raster effects. however photoshop is pretty much THE raster program but it does have very basic vector and type features.

i use them both daily and couldnt get by without them.

if i had to suggest only one of them for someone who is not a graphic designer, id have to say photoshop. because it CAN do the basic vector stuff but it has all the effect bells and whistles that the average consumer at large is going to want
May 31, 2006 02:26PM
but when i export to fcp exprees sometimes the graphics are fuzzy/blury. I was wondering if i export the graphic to livetype then export to a .mov and import the .mov in fcp would that work?
May 31, 2006 02:35PM
Try rendering the graphic so the timeline shows a blue line above the Graphic footage and see if that helps the bluriness.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
June 01, 2006 07:13AM
Might I add...that if you design in Illustrator...you can then take into a three D program and extrude it out for some amazing dimensional effects... Checkout zaxwerks pro-animator...it efortlessly takes a flat Illustrator file (most companies do their logos in Illustrator) and makes it fly flip break apart and dozens of interesting effects in a 3-d space. Andy
June 02, 2006 09:11AM
what should the dimensions of the graphic be if you're outputting the project as 16:9 DVD.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics