SONY FX HD1 problems

Posted by paycheee 
SONY FX HD1 problems
June 06, 2006 10:06AM
Hi all, I am new to this forum. I am editing an independent film which was shot on SONY FX HD1.

Just recently i've been having trouble with capturing the footage. I believe I have the presents/settings correct. But off the top of anyone's head, do you know what they should be?

I had luck for 2 weeks loading footage, and all of a sudden FCP5.1 is having random "unknown errors" while capturing. Even if I try batch capturing, or logging and capturing a clip, the error will come up. I restarted the program, but to no avail.

I DO NOT have a deck I'm using, instead i'm loading the footage from the camera to the harddrive.

Help? Thanks!!
Re: SONY FX HD1 problems
June 06, 2006 11:18AM
Need more info. Computer? Are you capturing to your single internal drive? To a firewire drive? Without more info we can't give good advise.

"I had luck for 2 weeks loading footage, and all of a sudden FCP5.1 is having random "unknown errors" while capturing. Even if I try batch capturing, or logging and capturing a clip, the error will come up. I restarted the program, but to no avail."

I'd start by asking how much free space do you have on your scratch disk? The disk your capturing to. It sounds like a classic case of not enough free space to be able to capture footage. You can't have any drive in your setup more than 80% full. That includes the drive your capturing to and the system drive.

Good luck!

Kevin

"A problem can never be solved by the same consciousness that created it"
Einstein
June 06, 2006 11:31AM
Hi Kevin,

I am loading it directly to my external harddrive of 250 gigs. I believe there is 100 gigs left.

The computer I'm on is an iMac Intel 20" iSight.

Thanks!
June 06, 2006 12:37PM
Ok, start by trashing your preferences,

Your logon>library>preferences> FCP preferences, throw them away and restart FCP, it will ask you for set up info and where you want the scratch disk to be. Set up will be as it was shot, HDV 1080i 60 or 50, its in the easy set ups, scratch disk you should select the folder of your show on the firewire drive. Then you should be good to go. Make sure to select "Sony Firewire" as well for the connection.

BTW, never plug in your firewire cable to the camera while the camera and computer are both on. Its a known issue that causes the cameras firewire connecter to burn out. It isn't covered under warranty and costs about $500 to get repaired.

Good luck!

Kevin

Einstein
June 06, 2006 04:23PM
See above info by Mike Horton in other thread as well. Could be the way your naming your clips.

kevin

Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics