Blurry Title Crawl

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Blurry Title Crawl
June 07, 2006 12:07PM
Doing a crawl in Boris Title Crawl with FCP 5.0.4, QT 7.1.1 Dual G5 and it looks great on an NTSC monitor but when I check it in QT player its big time blurry. Not an interlace issue, but blurry. Fully rendered. I've played with timing and no difference. I check my titles in QT Player before I lay off to DVD so I dont waste disks. I laid off to DVD anyway and yep, its really blurry. Any advice?

Re: Blurry Title Crawl
June 07, 2006 01:54PM
Mike,

This isn't going to be a solution, but I'm curious - when you view in QT, do you set the "best quality" option or just use default quality? I don't want to lose faith in the "always evaluate on NTSC" mantra, but the bad DVD output is troublesome. Are you rendering at highest quality?

Scott
June 07, 2006 02:21PM
Mike,
Try enabling the High Quality checkbox:

[web.mac.com]

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
Anonymous User
June 07, 2006 02:43PM
Thanks guys. Good article Kev. Never knew something like that existed. So..I checked the High Quality box and alas no change. Was fully rendered out Scott in Full/high quality. Going to look at this on my TV and see if maybe my computer monitor is messing with me.

Anonymous User
June 07, 2006 03:11PM
OK, looks good on the TV, but like crap on my computer monitor. Which means trust my NTSC monitor but dont let anyone play this DVD on a computer. That part sucks though

June 07, 2006 09:16PM
Maybe at a certain screen size Mike. Like at full screen, the image is getting blown up - so your graphics will be shot no matter what you do. If you viewed the footage in its native size, I bet the DVD would look good on the computer as well.

Kevin Monahan
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Follow Me on Twitter!
Anonymous User
June 08, 2006 01:22AM
Played it in native 720x480 and full screen and both looked like crap on the computer monitor. Maybe you can't get good rolling credits on a computer screen? Looks great on the TV but really blurry on the cinema display.

June 08, 2006 05:55AM
Did you apply the 1:2:1 deflicker on the credits?
Check box near the top of the window?
Seems to help on my credit rolls.

Matt Murray
Lineside Productions
Wellington, FL
[www.edgesportfishing.com]
Florida Sailfish videos, pictures and more
Anonymous User
June 08, 2006 11:54AM
Yeah. Did that and un did that. No difference.

June 08, 2006 05:27PM
Recently, I've also heard that one guy downgraded his QT and the blurriness went away. Interesting...

Kevin Monahan
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Follow Me on Twitter!
Anonymous User
June 08, 2006 06:39PM
Yeah, I'm beginning to suspect its 7.1.1. I dont remember this happening before.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics