Multiple FCP Installs

Posted by Jim Thomson 
Multiple FCP Installs
June 10, 2006 05:37PM
Am I allowed to install the same copy of FC Studio on a new Mac Book Pro and a new Quad G5 at the same time?
Anonymous User
Re: Multiple FCP Installs
June 10, 2006 05:51PM
Yes, but you aren't allowed to use both installs at the same time.

Also, you must own both computers.

June 10, 2006 09:20PM
Ah!! I believe that is mistaken. If you read the stuff we always skip on the ARE YOU SURE YOU AGREE! install - it mentions a one license per computer.

If both computers are hooked up to the same network, and one copy was open first, it would not allow you to use the other copy.
Anonymous User
June 11, 2006 12:13AM
The license changed with FCP 5.1

I don't have access to the exact verbage at the moment, but it did change from "installed on one computer at a time" to one desktop and one laptop not to be run concurrently owned by you with version 5.1.

June 11, 2006 03:37PM
FCS 5.1
[images.apple.com]
2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions. This License allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on one Apple-labeled desktop computer and one Apple-labeled laptop computer so long as both computers are owned and used by you. This includes the right to transfer your copy of the Apple Software licensed hereunder from an Apple G4 hardware platform to an Apple G5 platform.

FCP 5.0
[images.apple.com]
2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions. This License allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on a single computer at a time. This includes the right to transfer your copy of the Apple Software licensed hereunder from an Apple G4 hardware platform to an Apple G5 platform.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics