How to replicate timecode breaks on dubs

Posted by Denny Rambo 
How to replicate timecode breaks on dubs
June 10, 2006 05:44PM
Making Copies of DVCAM tapes some that have timecode breaks in the middle of the footage. I only have one deck so I have to capture into FCP and then edit to tape using the same deck.

Any body have a way to replicate the break so that let's say if the original tapes timecode jumps ahead say 6 minutes I can make the dub do the same thing.

I've tried blackening the 1st couple minutes of the tape and assemble edited the first piece on no problem, but when adding the second piece the timecode just continues on from where the first piece ended. Is there a way to transfer the timecode from the second clip onto the tape bolted on to the end of the first piece so it has the same 6 minute skip in the timecode like the original ?

I've tried the "insert timecode button" on the edit to tape window - I have never found that button to make any difference in anything.

If I had 2 decks and copied right from one to the other would it replicate the timecode break ??
Re: How to replicate timecode breaks on dubs
June 10, 2006 07:05PM
Hi,

Haven't done the below described thing for a long time, but maybe it still works.
Google for HackTV, which should lead you somewhere to Apples developer sites and then download the app. This app should copy your movie as it is to your disk - make sure not to disturb the app while doing that.
Google for SimpleVideoOut, which should lead you somewhere to Apples developer sites as well and then download the app. This app should copy your movie from the disk to a tape including DV timecode (in some kind of crash record)

Andreas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics