unnecessary re-rendering

Posted by garyfelder 
unnecessary re-rendering
May 28, 2009 03:49PM
I have to re-do my audio tracks on my timeline. So, I've been putting a new video clip w/audio on a track above my old one e.g. I put the new clip on V2, A4/5 over the old clip on V1, A2/3.

Sometimes I bring down the video level on the new clip so I can see the old video track. My old clip becomes unrendered regardless if I bring down the video level.

Is there anyway to replace my old audio tracks or video tracks for that matter and avoid my old clips becoming unrendered?

Thanks.
Gary
Re: unnecessary re-rendering
May 29, 2009 11:19AM
As for the video becoming unrendered, that is a final cut thing. If you picture is close to lock you could create a SCQT and lay that on a track above. You will still lose your renders, but you have the reference you are looking for. If you do need to do changes you still have the stacked clips below to re-render just the bit you need.

-Vance
Re: unnecessary re-rendering
May 29, 2009 11:37AM
> If you picture is close to lock you could create a SCQT and lay that on a track above.

That one I don't get. Why put the movie file on top of the editing sequence? If you make even one change to the edit, the arrangement becomes illogical, and you've lost all your render files for nothing.

Self-contained movie files are great for preserving the progress. But there's no point in editing it into a sequence unless you're doing a frame-by-frame conform (eg. onlining). And that's only when you're absolutely picture-locked.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics