FCP studio 5.1.4 chapters issue - export error or DVD studio issue

Posted by vt81400 
FCP studio 5.1.4 chapters issue - export error or DVD studio issue
September 08, 2009 09:56AM
hello my name is vassils grinning smiley

Please read below and if possible let me know if this issue is FCP-related or I need to look at DVDSP to solve the issue please.

i use FCP 5.1.4, dvdsp v4, on mac osx 10.4.11 on DC 2ghz (non-intel)
i recently decided to create a dvd for a music band.

My assets, photos and video.
FCP exported as QT mov, video in 16:9 letterbox in dvd studio settings about 1h duration
FCP exported as QT mov video in 4:3 credits about 30sec PAL.

Both were cut/ edited with blade tool and did not set any markers/ chapters etc. at all in them.

The movie/ video was exported as QT mov from FCP. Was originally in HD 16:9 and exported as DV PAL 16:9. I wonder if the editing in FCP caused this chapter issue error and embeeded in the mov file and now i get this because of movie issue rather than slideshows please ?

I went to DVD studio pro v4. After many hours programming, I go to BUILD and I get the error message TOO MANY CHAPTERS in red colour. Then DVDSP quits automatically with error message asking to report to apple. Happens ALL the time !

my project is set to 4:3
Started a menu with 4 buttons.
2 for video. 1 for submenu with 4 slideshow buttons.
1 for submenu with 19 buttons. 18 are slideshows that have 2-5 pics eachother with transistions and a song of the band as background and set to FIT to AUDIO.

Anybody can help me please ? I deleted all render files etc from disk as well as _TS etc folders and insofar I have tried erasing menus and slideshows and still I get same error and crash.

I started pulling my hair out, called apple and got no reply to my e-mail insofar on issue.

Why too many chapters ? What I do wrong please ? Is it a bug with FCP or issue with exporting video from it or is DVDSP ?
Re: FCP studio 5.1.4 chapters issue - export error or DVD studio issue
September 08, 2009 11:17PM
Vassis-

Post this question in the DVD Studio Pro forum, it sound slike an issue with DVDSP, not FCP.

- Loren

Today's FCP keytip:

Enable timeline A/V links with Shift-L !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics