importing powerpoint

Posted by Bret Latter 
importing powerpoint
June 22, 2006 10:38PM
I will be shooting, then editing, a conferance in August that will be using some powerpoint in the speech. I've looked through the FCP manual and training books about how to import powerpoint and can't find anything.
How would I import powerpoint so that I can use it in the edit.

I've got FCP 5.04 on a G5

Thanks,
Bret
Re: importing powerpoint
June 22, 2006 11:17PM
In my experience you'll have to save the Powerpoint slides out of Powerpoint as JPEGS, TIFF or PICT images and import them that way - FCP won't see PPT slides.

It's not a big deal - but you will need Microsoft Office or Powerpoint as a standalone app to do it.

"I'm just a Simple Cave Man Lawyer. Your world frightens and confuses me." - Phil Hartman
June 23, 2006 11:37AM
I would also consider redoing the information from the powerpoint slides with a graphics program inside FCP.

From my corporate experience many moons ago I fought many battles over presenters putting their speeches on the slides.

or they just fill them up with info, put it up for five seconds and move on.

When this kind of slide goes to video it might not be very readable. The bullet points will be very small.

Try it yourself. Take a slide with lots of info and try putting that in a CG and see how many lines of readable type you get.

Some graphics etc you might have to use, and can't replicate.

Depends on the use of the video. If its really is "shelf" material for the corporate world, then I might not sweat it. If it really is to be used for distrbution and lots of people will be asked to view. Then the PP slides may be a readable problem.

Lonn Bailey
June 23, 2006 12:15PM
Buy Keynote if you don't already have it. You can import a PP preso and export a QT movie. With PP alone, it's not easy at all and you'll have to rebuild the whole deal from scratch.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics