Merged clips won't reconnect on reimport

Posted by editblog 
Merged clips won't reconnect on reimport
July 13, 2006 11:08AM
I have a film project that was shot with with seperate sound. I have gone in and make subclips of all takes in the film transfer and aif audio file. I have then merged each clip using IN points and made a cut using them. yesterday I exported the whole project as an xml and passed the project to another editor. Importing that xml gives me what looks like the proper clips but the merged clips won't reconnect to the audio properly. And it also looks like all the 'merged' clips have changed from their original lengths (12 secs, 30 secs) to long durations of 48 minutes, 1:09:00... the full lengths of my master clips. Something has gone awry with these merged clips. Can't find much in the archives... anyone seen and fixed any issues with reconnecting merged clips? I've posted 2 variations of this issue in the apple forums but no replies at all. Thanks for any info
Re: Merged clips won't reconnect on reimport
July 13, 2006 09:18PM
I have no seat time in this combination of situations, but have you tried exporting the cut sequence as a Batch List rather than XML?
Or some other method?

Batch works well in trimming subclips, it may help.

- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:
Preview effects sections with Option-P or Option-Backslash!

The FCP 5 KeyGuide?: a professional placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central:
www.neotrondesign.com
Re: Merged clips won't reconnect on reimport
July 14, 2006 08:38AM
Thanks Loren. I've posted the question many different places and yours has been the only reply. Seems not many people use the merged clips funtions, or if they do they don't do much with them. I will try this tomorrow.

Life is linear... edit life..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics