audio playback dur capture

Posted by tduncan 
audio playback dur capture
July 25, 2006 11:45AM
After upgrading to 5.1.1 I lost my preset that had audio playback turned on during capture. Now for the life of me, I cannot find the 'switch' to have audio turned on.

Looking at 'AUDIO/VIDEO SETTING, the preset summary shows speaker off. I assume this should be on, but cannot find a place to edit this setting.

help?

thanks,
td
Re: audio playback dur capture
July 25, 2006 01:39PM
Ideally, you should have the speakers hooked up to the deck or camcorder. In the log and capture window you'll find a checkbox for preview. Make sure that's checked as well.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
July 25, 2006 04:10PM
Final Cut has all it can do to capture video without damage or dropped frames. Making it do even more work may not be the best idea. That's why Final Cut defaults to capturing in silence.

If you start getting dropped frame warnings, that will be the first plae to look.

Koz

July 25, 2006 04:35PM
"In the log and capture window you'll find a checkbox for preview. Make sure that's checked as well."

I looked at the log and capture windows for a long time and finally found it. Under 'clp settings', the audio section has a 'preview' check-box. But it appears that when I close the window and re-open for capture it is no longer selected.

I would like to make this permanent. Did not there used to be a switch under the preset editor? Would that be the way to make a permanent setting? It does not appear to be there any longer.

I've never had a problem droppng frames but thanks for the advice on that.

thanks,
td
July 25, 2006 11:17PM
I have tried long and hard to make that preview button permanent and it won't budge. I routinely lock my preferences as a way of preserving a number of settings that I don't want to change, but unfortunately, everytime I open the Log and Capture window, I have to check that box. Very annoying, but I just ended up putting it in my workflow.

Andy
July 26, 2006 01:20PM
Monitoring audio through your deck causes no extra overhead. Monitoring audio through built in will, since a downconversion takes place.

Guys, are your speakers connected through your deck? Should be!

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
December 29, 2006 03:43PM
Thanks, TD, for bringing this up -- and thanks to everyone else for the helpful tips on getting around it. I've had the same annoying experience & was frantic to figure out how to get the speaker back on.

About connecting speakers thru the deck (before I go crawling around unplugging things): I'm connected through my Edirol UA-25 capture card (which is connected to the Mac via USB). Does this mean I'm using the 'overhead' and risking dropped frames and/or drift if I capture w/ preview checked?

Thanks,

VW
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics