uninstall fcp studio

Posted by rupi39 
uninstall fcp studio
July 26, 2006 08:20PM
i wasn't paying attention and installed all optional templates, loops, content, and tutorials on my internal hard drive. all 42GB. oops!
does anyone know how i can either uninstall the optional materials or just uninstall the entire studio? thanks.
Re: uninstall fcp studio
July 26, 2006 11:45PM
The loops and stuff, just trash. But...why? You can always move these items to another drive. I know I couldn't live without everything online. I don't know why. But I like the idea.

- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:
Preview effects sections with Option-P or Option-Backslash!

The FCP 5 KeyGuide?: a professional placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central:
www.neotrondesign.com
July 26, 2006 11:59PM
thank you for responding. as for "why", it's because i only have a 100gb internal drive and 42GB is just too big.

where do i find all the loops and tutorials and extra materials. i will gladly move them to another drive.

i understand that i could have chosen to install them to another drive but i didn't notice that option. i want to just uninstall and start over, putting just the apps on my internal drive and everything else on the external.
July 27, 2006 12:31AM
Just do a find (excuse me "Spotlight search"winking smiley on things like DVD Studio Pro and Soundtrack Pro. The folders should come up.

Grag them over to a free drive. For instance, my Apple Loops for Soundtrack Pro folder (here 7.5 GB) was migrated (copied) to an external drive and Soundtrack Pro finds it. or you can direct it to look there.

- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:

www.neotrondesign.com
July 28, 2006 05:08PM
I installed mine to an external drive also, but I think they're default installed to a folder that has "Shared" in the name. Perhaps a find for that will give some results.

The biggest disk hog is the LiveType media.

Also, uninstalling some languages from OS X freed up a few GB's. Even though I speak a little Spanish, I can't really see myself using it as my default language. Chinese and Japanese seem even less likely.
July 28, 2006 05:17PM
You're right, it's huge. I'm keeping my LiveType materials online, even though LT has a bad habit of trashing my background media during roundtripping- a complaint I've heard before.

- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:

www.neotrondesign.com
July 28, 2006 05:20PM
thanks again for the info. i finally ended up using a program called app zapper which removed the applications and all associated files. then i went through the library and found all of the other materials. it ended up freeing up 34gb.

i then repaired permissions and restarted the computer. i just finished re-installing, this time with all the extra materials going to the external drive. i am just testing the apps now to make sure all is working and so-far-so-good.

thanks for responding. i appreciate your help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics