firewire deck [missing] after OSX upgrade

Posted by Jonnyukbravo 
firewire deck [missing] after OSX upgrade
July 30, 2006 03:13AM
I have FCP HD 4.5. I recently uprgraded the OS to Tiger. Since the upgrade my deck ( a DSR 25) cannot be seen by the Mac.

The remote control operates the tape controls on the deck - it is just that the video through the firewire cannot be seen.

I'm on a powerbook using firewire 400 from the deck with two lacie f/w 800 drives for media.

I have tried all the usual refresh AV devices buttons with no luck.

Help!

Jon

John Fairhall
johnfairhall@hotmail.com
shoot-edit.co.uk
Re: firewire deck [missing] after OSX upgrade
July 30, 2006 03:59AM
This sometimes happens when you have upgraded to Tiger (OS 10.4) and/or QuickTime 7. To get it working again, you need to remove your old QuickTime receipts. Step by step instructions on how to do this can be found here : [docs.info.apple.com]

Other things that it could be :
? Dust in the firewire connections -> Quit FCP, make sure all the connections are free of
dust, replace the cables and try again.
? Broken firewire cable -> Try using another firewire cable.
? Fried Firewire card -> Try connecting another device, such as an external firewire drive
to test whether the firewire is working.
? Momentary tantrum -> Shut down the computer, wait ten seconds and then try again.
August 13, 2006 04:49AM
I have just got back from holidays and have been looking at the missing deck problem again. I have re-installed Quicktime - presumably losing my earlier Quicktime Pro upgrade.

The system works fine again and I have managed to rescue a job for a client.

I guessed wronly it seems that it was an OSX upgrade problem - but the quicktime was the problem.

I did try the reciepts process as described onthe link you sent - for which many thanks - but that didn't work.

I shall now look into how to get QT Pro working again.

Jon

John Fairhall
johnfairhall@hotmail.com
shoot-edit.co.uk
August 13, 2006 10:58AM
You should be able to get back QuickTime Pro functionality by re-entering your license information. I did that three weeks ago when my system drive went belly up.
August 13, 2006 11:27AM
But not if you went from QT 6.x to 7.x That's new licence time.

Ian
August 13, 2006 01:51PM
Thanks for the feedback - I'm now up and running - I tried the QT reciept deleting process process - no luck - then I re-downloaded QT7 from the apple website and bingo!!!

Don't know why - but there you go - it's a bug!

Good luck
John

John Fairhall
johnfairhall@hotmail.com
shoot-edit.co.uk
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics