Subclips

Posted by Tara Z 
Subclips
August 09, 2006 04:05PM
I am having some trouble creating subclips. The sequence as is consists of film footage which I have already digitized and synched sound with. Right now each scene/take is cut into seperate clips using the razor blade.

I now want to make each scene into a seperate subclip so that they are quick and easy to locate. The problem is, I can only seem to get FCP to make subclips when I mark in the viewer. Is there a way to mark divisions for subclips in the time line so that I can see exactly where the razor blade marks? I do not trust my eye to be accurate on marking cut points through multiple hours of footage.

Thank you.
Re: Subclips
August 09, 2006 04:20PM
You have the clips all razored. Can't you just double-click on each separate razored clip in the timeline and then press APPLE-U?
August 09, 2006 11:36PM
You could always merge your audio to your video and create standalone clips without the need of subclipping. That'd be even easier.

Andy
August 10, 2006 08:57AM
2 ways to blade accurately:

turn on snapping (n key)
blade will snap to playhead.

dont use the blade,
use Control V.
that will cut selected / auto selected clips at the playhead.

then double click the clip into the viewer,
Apple U to make into a subclip.
the sub turns up in the browser, ready to be named.

hope that helps,
nick
August 10, 2006 10:37AM
I think you can save one operation (and two mouse clicks) by using Match Frame instead of double-clicking the clip, since it preserves In/Out points and has a keyboard shortcut.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics