DVD printer

Posted by Ed Roman 
DVD printer
August 16, 2006 05:23AM
I'm looking for a cheap but effective disc printer. Not for duplicating discs, just to print on them. I've seen some for around $100. Has anyone had luck with these? If so, which one?
Re: DVD printer
August 16, 2006 06:17AM
Hi
Ive got a Canon 4200 very small but great A4 printer, will print on normal and small discs.Comes complete with disc printing software.
Its all I use it for, they also make a WiFi version with R at end of product number i have mine pluged into an airport express.

Derek
August 16, 2006 07:14AM
Been using the Epson R200 for over two years.
Not the speediest one around, and the newer version is probably faster.
Prints great looking DVD's though.

Matt Murray
Lineside Productions
[www.edgesportfishing.com]
Fishing videos, DVD Production, Websites and more.
August 16, 2006 08:45AM
Derek,

You are outside the US aren't you? As far as I can tell, Canon will not or can not deliver a CD-DVD printer inside the US because of some patent issues with Epson.

August 16, 2006 09:29AM
Hi
Yes in London/UK didn't realize there was a patent issue, what a shame its a really nice little printer, although I think the inks work out a little more expensive than a similar Epson.

Derek
bj
August 16, 2006 10:00AM
[www.epson.com]

I highly recommend the product. Works very well.
I usually clear spray them after they are dry, as they are inkjet and will wash away if they do get wet.
Bj
August 16, 2006 10:13AM
not cheap -- but highly recommend the Primera auto printer - can do 50 at a time and has outstanding results on the printable DVD's - if you only do one or two at a time - the Epson's give good results but a bit slow (which is why we got the Primera - Andy
August 16, 2006 10:46AM
Are you still using your original tray that came with your R200?

I love my R200, but a couple weeks ago it just stopped taking the tray. it won't grab it no matter how I align it.

travis ballstadt
www.thrillcateditorial.com

G5DP2.5ghz, 4.5gbRAM, 2TB external SATA, Panasonic AJ-D455, G4PB1ghz, 15", 1gbRAM
August 16, 2006 10:59AM
Hey the 200 is so cheap I just throw them away and buy another one. The 200 and 300 seem to last about 2 years max.
August 16, 2006 02:13PM
The trouble with the Epson 200 is that although it is cheap, the cartridges cost a fortune and last 2 minutes.

Beware.

Harry

Harry Bromley-Davenport.
August 16, 2006 05:35PM
Epson R320. Output is great, no problems yet, and cost me about $100 when it was on sale. and i did a 'water test" with the ink and it actually held up for just a casual wetting. washing it is another matter, but better than you'd expect.

Post Edited (08-16-06 15:36)

HarryD
August 16, 2006 05:35PM
Epson R320. Output is great, no problems yet, and cost me about $100 when it was on sale. and i did a 'water test" with the ink and it actually held up for just a casual wetting. washing it is another matter, but better than you'd expect.

HarryD
August 16, 2006 06:23PM
Did your wash test involve placing the printed DVDs in the dishwasher or sink?:-)

Epson Stylus Photo 900 works just fine. Flooded 150 inkjet printable DVDs with ink over the last three days to make labels and only used up about 35% of the ink cartridges. Discus EP software included. Simple stuff. Nice results. Older model that was $199 at the time.
August 16, 2006 06:26PM
Rich,

I have an Epson 900, it does nice DVD printing, but if you don't use it for a while the inkjet nozzles clog. Have you every had this happen, ever solved it? I've used the syringe/distilled water trick but haven't got them all unclogged yet. It's a drag, and well known Epson problem. A new printhead costs somewhat more than a whole new printer. Fishing for success stories.

Scott
August 17, 2006 01:42PM
To be honest I hadn't printed on the Epson 900 in several months, but after using the Epson Print Utility to clean the heads, etc...I thought I got good results.
Getting off track the question now is justifying how to best get 150 DVD burned and printed more efficiently in the future. This last time was 1 at a time in a 16x burner. What patience. I don't know if $2,000+ for a duplicator that also prints is necessarily as beneficial as a 1 to 5 duplicator for $800 which gets everything burned quicker, but yet you still have to print the labels.
August 17, 2006 05:25PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics