> maker. my question is that i shot my film on a sony z1
> and used the 24cine look and i was wondering if final
> cut pro had a pull down to remove the interlaced
> frames or if not what would be the another way to go
> about this. thank you very much
Re: sony z1 24cine mode
August 18, 2006 05:35PM
Welcome to LAFCPUG.

There is no pulldown to remove. I am sorry to say that the CineFrame mode on the Sony cameras isn't a 24p mode...not like the DVX-100 cameras or HXV-200 cameras from Panasonic, or 24p from JVC or 24f from Canon. Sony's cineframe mode is the worse thing you can do to the format. It is still shooting at 29.97, but it is making the footage look progressive by shooting interlaced, BUT TOSSING OUT HALF THE RESOLUTION BY LOSING ONE FIELD AND FILLING THE AREA WITH THE SECOND. Basically you are losing half your resolution. About as bad as Sony DVs Cine mode where it shoots 30fps but does the "look" by only shooting 15 frames and printing each one twice.

I am sorry to tell you this now.

All you need to do is use an HDV 1080i60 preset and you will be good to go.
Re: sony z1 24cine mode
August 19, 2006 11:37AM
Shane is right - it's rather crap, but it does embed it's fake 24p in 3:2 pulldown, which if you convert the HDV to an I-Frame codec, say AIC, Uncompressed, or PhotoJPEG, you can use cinema tools to remove the pulldown.

However, this will take ages and it will still look poor.

I'd advise reading: [www.studiodaily.com]
I helped Frederic develop his workflow, and it looks superb. We used some filters from Film Effects to help get the look, and to do the de-interlacing.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics