Help with workflow FCP7 output to tape Standard Def DVCAM - pixelated result, Canon 5D11

Posted by daddycools 
Hello
I produce a weekly tv show on a channel that is standard def. I hand in my show on sony DVCAM every week.

What I see on my computer compared to what ends up on TV are always different.

The issue is what I would call my video when seen on SD TV is pixelated more than what i think it should be. Not as clear as other shows on the same channel that use the same camera.

I shoot on a Canon 5DMK11 in Standard Def. Everything looks fine on my monitor. But after I edit to tape to DVCAM tape and played back by the station on TV things are not as clear.

Sequence preset is DV NTSC 48Hz
Capture Preset is DV NTSC 48kHz
Device control preset - Firewire NTSC
Video playback (missing) Apple Firewire STSC (720X480)

Device Control Presets FireWire NTSC

I think there must be a different codec to use on the timeline input or on the output. Also It seems the Canon 5D footage is not as clear on the same show as other footage shot on other smaller cameras.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Steve M
Re: Help with workflow FCP7 output to tape Standard Def DVCAM - pixelated result, Canon 5D11
October 10, 2011 08:27PM
SD NTSC and PAL are the worst formats. Use a ProRes timeline instead.
Make sure to render 'full'.
Convert your H.264 footage to Prores before import.

Also, the only way you can judge what it will look like on a TV is to see it on a TV before you output. Add a broadcast monitor, or at least a consumer TV to your pipeline, so you can see what you're doing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics