5D and 7D clips problems in the time line

Posted by maltess2 
5D and 7D clips problems in the time line
May 16, 2012 09:22AM
Hello, I wan to edit a diveo with 5D ad 7D clips. I did the log and transfer process to prores 422. I drag 5D clips into the timeline, than when I put the 7D clips, I get a render green line. The same if I put the 7D clips first, then I get the green line fo 5D clips.

I was suggestad in another forum that 5D could be 25p and 7D could be 30P or different. But I did check sequence setting and thay both seem to be 25P, when i check the 7D clips properties I see they are 25fps.

What am i doing wrong? how can I work with both clips?

Best regards
Re: 5D and 7D clips problems in the time line
May 16, 2012 09:26AM
> But I did check sequence setting and thay both seem to be 25P, when i check the 7D clips properties I see they are 25fps.

You didn't check the clip settings for the 5D. Start there. You also didn't check frame size and audio format.

www.derekmok.com
May 16, 2012 10:05AM
Thanks!

In the item properties

7D is: vidrate 25fps, 1920x1080.
5D is : vidrate 23,98fps 1920x1080.

audio is the same in both

what should i do now? is this difference in vidrate the problem?
May 16, 2012 09:09PM
Yes, it's the problem. You need them both to be the same to not encounter the render bar. Also, using the FCP timeline to 'convert' them to the same frame rate will probably do a substandard job.

Figure out what you like to output and go with that.

Also, smack your camera people for not talking to each other and not shooting at the same rate.

May 17, 2012 01:35AM
Ok, thanks, so ...you mean I have to choose one camera or the other? I can´t use both cameras? no way to fix this? what a terrible mistake if that´s the case. I did render a bit in final cut and I get a blue line
May 17, 2012 03:59AM
No, you can certainly use both. But you need to decide which frame rate you want to export, and then conform the one that's not correct before you import it. You could just render in FCP, but your results will be murky.

May 17, 2012 04:18AM
OK, I would keep the 5D material because I already started to edit that. 5D is 23,97. So I would like to convert the 7D 25fps. What would be the process and what software I need to use? I am unexperienced, sorry I dont quite understand the export , comform and import explanation.

By exporting you mean the final output of the project from FC . So I have to convert the 7D material and import those clips again in FC. Should I go from the original files or the proress converts?

One question, I live in europe, this is a wedding video and I have to export in DVD with maximun possible quality. Is the material is 25fps or 23,97 , does this make any difference for DVD quality in PAL countries?

Thanks alot!
May 17, 2012 05:40AM
Conform your material to 25 using Cinema Tools. You will get a slight pitch with the audio -- that might be an issue. But you can handle that with either the Sound Track Pro app or any other audio app.
May 17, 2012 08:59AM
Thanks, I dont seem to have the cinematools app installed. In the meantime, can I edit the 7D clips in the time line and comform the clips from the browser? I mean , are the clips in the time line going to be 24fps after that or I have to edit from the beginning at 24fps?

cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics