OT: HVX200 Users might be interested in this...

Posted by Ben King 
OT: HVX200 Users might be interested in this...
August 23, 2006 03:23PM
I just got wind of an HDD recorder for the HVX200 that records from the P2 slot giving you all the format options direct to disk!

[www.spec-comm.com]

Not available at present but will be a firestore beater if it delivers what it promises.

Ben

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Re: OT: HVX200 Users might be interested in this...
August 23, 2006 03:28PM
Sorry...known about this for a while. Where have you been?

LOL.
August 23, 2006 03:35PM
Um, er... Away on holiday looking for alternative P2 recording mediums in Buenos Aires...

I didn't see a post on LAFCPUG so I thought I'd add a post.

Damn you Shane and your omnipotence!!!

I'm off to look for a story that no-one has ever heard!

Ben

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
August 23, 2006 04:40PM
Hey Ben,
Did you hear the one about............oops I forgot, wrong forum:-)
August 23, 2006 04:53PM
I'm forming a snipe hunt for Ben. :-)

ps: Ben - you've seen the FS100, right? that thing looks pretty cool, too, but lately I'm kind of into P2 cards offloaded to laptop w/ P2 Genie.

also, Serious Magic is supposed to be coming out with a version of DV Rack that supports the HVX and allows recording DVCProHD directly to the laptop's HDD. we'll see. I like DVRack, though.
August 23, 2006 05:00PM
speaking of DV Rack, anyone tried that on a Macbook Pro under Boot Camp? Or Parallels? Would be very cool if it worked.

Michael Horton
-------------------
August 23, 2006 10:32PM
Yeah I've seen the FS100 - nice but expensive - can you record VariCam 720p onto it?

We have done a fair bit of shooting/digitising direct to the MacBook HDD on FCP 5.1.1 on loaction and it works a treat.

Frank... send "it" in code or you may tip off Harry as to my whereabouts...

*Currently I am hiding in a secret location hiding from the 2 snipers that are looking for me across the street...*

Shhhhh - you haven't seen me winking smiley

Codename Red

August 27, 2006 11:16AM
Hi, Mike,

DVRack is Win XP only currently - too bad. They keep saying they're working on a Mac version, but who knows. maybe now with the Intel processors it'll be easier for them? It's HDV -capable, but not yet for DVCPro HD (also promised). I might have said I'm loking to use that instead of an FS100.

I use it on a cheap XP laptop, and have to say I like it. I don't use the direct to disk recording function, but for use as a monitoring tool (waveform, vectorscope, audio and screen monitor) i think it's worth the money.

HarryD
August 27, 2006 11:30AM
Hey Harry

Mike mean't trying running DV Rack under XP on a MacBook (or MBP) with Bootcamp or under Mac OS X with Parallels

Parallels let's you run Windows, Linux or any other operating system and apps inside the Mac OS X rather than having to reboot in Windows as per Bootcamp.

[www.parallels.com]

Ben

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics